Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3033R Cab
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some explain to me how auto throttle should work? I just received my new 3033R with cab, FEL, and 72 inch mowing deck. Everything on it is great and I just want to better understand how to use it effectively.

·
Registered
278 Posts
On my 3046r I usually run at low throttle (1500 rpm) and at times when moving gravel or dirt I would stall the tractor so I started using auto throttle and it doesn't stall out now.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Auto throttle allows the foot peddles to automatically control the throttle, similar to car or truck.
As well as prevent stalling the tractor.
Although get into some really tall thick grass with your mower and you can still stall it.
The cruise control buttons work pretty much just like a car. Tap the - slows down in small increments with each tap.
Tap the+ speeds up with each tap in small increments. Set or resume are marked. must be activated top center button light must be on to activate the cruise, brake will shut it off, top center button can shut it off, or tapping the reverse peddle will shut it off.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Also the knob or dial in the middle of the auto throttle control panel will allow you to adjust how aggressive you want your throttle peddles to stop you when you let off the pedal.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I dont think
Auto throttle allows the foot peddles to automatically control the throttle, similar to car or truck.
As well as prevent stalling the tractor.
Although get into some really tall thick grass with your mower and you can still stall it.
The cruise control buttons work pretty much just like a car. Tap the - slows down in small increments with each tap.
Tap the+ speeds up with each tap in small increments. Set or resume are marked. must be activated top center button light must be on to activate the cruise, brake will shut it off, top center button can shut it off, or tapping the reverse peddle will shut it off.
I dont think 3 series is equipped with auto throttle. Only 4 series should have it. But I think its somehow possible to get it on 3 as well?
What op most likely meant is reffered to as load match - gear with auto inside.
This function should prevent engine from stalling when encountering sudden "impulse" that would stall the tractor and operator doesnt have enough time to react. However, its not magical solution so it is still possible to stall the tractor as you said.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
My 2025R has a optional mechanical auto throttle, which some guys have adapted to fit their 1025R‘s as well.

The large frame 2R-4R with ehydro all have the electronic version with cruise control.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
116 Posts
I dont think

I dont think 3 series is equipped with auto throttle. Only 4 series should have it. But I think its somehow possible to get it on 3 as well?
What op most likely meant is reffered to as load match - gear with auto inside.
This function should prevent engine from stalling when encountering sudden "impulse" that would stall the tractor and operator doesnt have enough time to react. However, its not magical solution so it is still possible to stall the tractor as you said.
A 3033r is equipped with an auto throttle and a load match as well. I have one and use it everyday. When i use a auto throttle, moving from point a to b i have the manual throttle set at lowest position. Pushing petal down will increase the rpm the farther you push the petal. When doing loader work i will set the manual rpms to 2000. It will stay at 2,000 but if i press the petal farther it will increase the rpms past 2000. You must hit the button to activate or deactivate for it to work.

2032r gen1

·
Registered
2015 3046R Cab
100 Posts
3Rs have auto throttle, load match, and motion match. Auto throttle is the far right button with the crankcase outline. I usually have it on except when I'm turned around hooking up an implement, so I can be sure the tractor will creep slowly.

I'm not sure of the other 2, but auto throttle will remember it's state when the tractor is shut off.

I haven't used any PTO implements yet, I haven't tried load match or motion match.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So I am guessing that's one thing NA version tractors have better than EU. Because ours 3R had auto throttle button blanked. And it could not be added either factory or with field kit. No idea at all why it wasn't/isn't available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.