Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We worked with our dealer (GreenPartStore.com) to modify the 2025R Auto-Throttle kit (and instructions) so that it can be fitted to a 1025r.
The only change to the kit is the addition of a few flat washers. The rest is documentation explaining some changes. This updated documentation is only available if you order from (GreenPartStore.com).

Here is our video showing the installation...

·
Registered
151 Posts
We worked with our dealer (GreenPartStore.com) to modify the 2025R Auto-Throttle kit (and instructions) so that it can be fitted to a 1025r.
The only change to the kit is the addition of a few flat washers. The rest is documentation explaining some changes. This updated documentation is only available if you order from (GreenPartStore.com).

Here is our video showing the installation...

What is the advantage with auto-throttle?

rob

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Jimmyth: It will work the same as the foot throttle....when you throttle up with hand throttle...you would then have to have more travel left on pedal before the engine speed would additionally increase. Pretty simple as this is what that assy is doing two connections to the throttle....but my take on this item is it way overpriced at $270 with a plastic type assy a cover and a couple of cables...wow what a price?

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
It also has its limitations as close work with loader you'll still be on the hand control....might be great for road travel or transport....don't think I'm interested for my 1025r...just something else to mess with....kinda like simpler use...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How would this work while mowing since the pto needs to be at a constant speed?
The hand throttle acts as the ‘minimum rpm’. So, for mowing, you’ll just set the hand throttle to wide open (or PTO speed if so inclined).

Tim

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
one wouldn't want to try to use pedal throttle for mowing ie….would be tough on engine and belting...I think it's chief use might be for longer range use with loader travel....or for road use...I've had foot throttles on several tractors and it is similar to use but just progressive with more movement. I think it has it's place and it might be more economical to use than the hand throttle in some areas....I think it would be suited to an advanced operator.....now having said that I don't know the torgue range of my 1025r....if the engine torque properly corresponds to the landspeed. This may be why they offer on the other model....I'm sure engineers have looked at this. I know on my 4400 the foot throttle powers up under load at low rpms....this items needs a bit of testing for the smaller tractor and may Tim can do an update on performance just not that it can be installed....I saw on his video the cabling is too long which I would think might add to some issues. I suppose we'll have to see. My thoughts are still that on some of these tractors we can get too much stuff added and make the units more complicated to use and maintain than needed. Of course I grew up on a John Deere B which was hand start and didn't have a generator and we seemed to get by okay in the day but whatever.

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
One of the best uses for auto throttle I have seen is when plowing snow. Engine RPM is increased as you are pushing and lowers to idle when you stop or change directions. Over a long snow removal session it can save some fuel compared to having the engine throttled up all the time, especially on larger tractors.

Quite frankly, I’ve never seen another application that warranted it.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
I use it all the time. Of course mowing or working I use the hand throttle but it is nice to be able to move from spot to spot or move things around with the forks and not always have to move the throttle or have it screaming. It is handy just to move it out of the shed.

Thanks for taking the time to show this Tim.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don’t see any benefits except when traveling around. All other implements, forklift, backhoe, mowing, and carrying things, require a set throttle at higher rpm. That’s a lot of money for a kit just to improve travels and lessening droning engine noise. Even snow blowing, requires the throttle to be set at wot or higher than idle, I wouldn’t want to start blowing snow at idle because depending on the snow I can see it clog or stall.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The hand throttle acts as the ‘minimum rpm’. So, for mowing, you’ll just set the hand throttle to wide open (or PTO speed if so inclined).

Tim
Hey Tim,

Why were you interested in installing this option? What applications do you believe it has benefits over just using the hand throttle?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Tim,

Why were you interested in installing this option? What applications do you believe it has benefits over just using the hand throttle?
Great for loader work. Many times my hands are full, and I don’t want to run full throttle all the time.

I like it better on the 2038r, as the electronic version works a bit nicer...hard to describe!
I use it 100% of the time on the 2038r (there is a switch) so I figured it would be a nice improvement on the 1025r.

I think I need to adjust the linkages a bit to make it work a bit smoother on the 1025. Any push on the foot pedals revs the engine. I would prefer a bit of movement without revving the engine.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I have this feature on my Kioti CK3510 SE. Kioti calls it Linked Pedal. I can turn it on & off. I leave it on all of the time. As Tim said, the user sets the minimum RPM for the job. Then if you need more RPMs & speed, you just press down more on the hydro pedal. It nice for loader work during the traveling stage of moving material.

One feature I have on my Kioti that I wish John Deere had, is auto PTO. This feature works with PTO driven, 3 point hitch attachments like a tiller or brush cutter. When you are using the attachment & then raise the 3 point hitch, the PTO shutts off. Then when you lower the 3 point, the PTO turns back on. I have only used it with a tiller. I no longer have to worry about the PTO shaft banging because the u joints are at sharp angles.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
The auto pedal would work like a foot throttle and the other would be the hand throttle.....my 4400 has the foot throttle and hand throttle.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts