Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
One feature I have on my Kioti that I wish John Deere had, is auto PTO. This feature works with PTO driven, 3 point hitch attachments like a tiller or brush cutter. When you are using the attachment & then raise the 3 point hitch, the PTO shutts off. Then when you lower the 3 point, the PTO turns back on. I have only used it with a tiller. I no longer have to worry about the PTO shaft banging because the u joints are at sharp angles.
I believe JD has that feature on some of the larger tractors, just not the smaller models.

·
Registered
143 Posts
But why does such a nice feature have to be so blasted expensive???? Other than its green. Any home made versions out there?

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
But why does such a nice feature have to be so blasted expensive???? Other than its green. Any home made versions out there?
It is a nice feature, but I could easily live with out it.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
$250 is expensive???? Seemed like a great price to me.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
And have for a long time without even knowing of its existence. 👍
And will continue to live without it, despite it's existence. (y) o_O

·
Registered
321 Posts
$250 is expensive???? Seemed like a great price to me.
If you consider them not expensive Tim, how about sending one my way on your dime ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I kinda see how an ethrottle or something that monitor the load of an engine and throttle up so you don’t accidentally lug your engine would be an awesome feature to have. I’m just not sold when the price is 250 dollars on a mechanical kit that throttle up base on the foot throttle. I guess for my location it’s not going to work. Example of this is, I live on a plot that it’s not level so to prevent accidentally lugging my engine I will always run my 1025r at 1/2 throttle so when I do ground work or any kind of work I can smoothly move around. That could maybe be because I have a cab also and with a bouncy ride you really don’t want to go fast, so I can never really push the throttle far down enough to (I imagine) have the auto throttle work for me, or go that fast since I need more torque with a slow craw vs speed and throttling up base on how far I push my throttle. I guess the only time I can move fast enough would be when I’m on my drive way but for me I notice that if I have any load at all I would never want to start at idle to prevent lugging my engine, so I guess if I forgot to throttle up, it would help for those forgetful moments? So for 250 dollars on a feature that would defeat itself because I would be throttling up anyways, just doesn’t seem like a good value to me. Although I do like the ideas that it’s available for the 1025r. I would be more convince if Deere or whoever offer this as a cheaper choice while at it also offer an ethrottle feature for 250 for the 1025r. Not trying to say I wouldn’t like this feature, I kinda wish it came standard for this tractor.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts