Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto throttle is one of the best features Ive used so far on my 2038r. Its great for when youre moving and not using the pto. Best thing since sliced bread!

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f
Frontier RT3049 Tiller
Land Pride QH05 quick hitch
Victory EF 155 flail mower
48” sand filled lawn roller

·
Registered
351 Posts
I like it too. Especially when you are moving materials by loader or trailer, and don't need the tractor at high throttle all the time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree...out of all the "add ons" I purchased (it's an option on 2025) it is the one that has surpised me the most how much I like it.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
It is called eThrottle on my 4066R. I turned it on when I got it 6 years ago and it has never been turned off since.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I use it most of the time on my 2038R. only time I don't use it is mowing on the hills.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,457 Posts
Agreed, I just let the auto throttle do it's thing unless I'm running the PTO.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I use it on my 2038R all the time, the only time I turn it off is when i am maneuvering in tight quarters like backing into the garage or pulling up to a step ledge. Rather have the throttle at a low position and make the pedal have a more linear feel. FYI - Car throttles are not linear cause if they were everyone would hate them, auto-throttle on the JD is very similar disabling it give you back that linear feel.

·
Administrator
20,883 Posts
Where can I find out online which 2 series and 3 series models come with auto throttle, or if it's optional? Thanks.
It would be easier if you told us what machine you have, then we could tell you if there is one or not.

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK, but I don't want to shift this thread from auto throttle to something else.

I currently have a small Japanese tractor and I plan to sell it and get a new JD tractor. It sounds like auto throttle would be good to have so I'm trying to see if the four tractors I'm currently considering have it or whether I can get it as an option. It would be great to have a discussion about those four tractors, but that would probably be better in a separate thread. Here are the four models: 1025R, 2025R, 3025E, and 2032R. Of course, this list is subject to change.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,457 Posts
Here are the four models: 1025R, 2025R, 3025E, and 2032R.
It's standard on the 2032R and can be turned on/off. On the 10/2025R it's a mechanical add on, not sure about the 3E.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mechanical add on. Does that mean once it is installed (by JD) it will function just like the 2032R? Or is it a different type of auto throttle available on the 1025R and 2025R?

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,495 Posts
Mechanical add on. Does that mean once it is installed (by JD) it will function just like the 2032R? Or is it a different type of auto throttle available on the 1025R and 2025R?
The auto-throttle kit for the 2025R (that can also be installed on the 1025R although not officially endorsed by Deere) cannot be easily disabled. To do so, you need to disconnect the auto-throttle cable.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 1025 and 2025 engines do not have a computer controlled engine so the controls (including auto throttle) are mechanical. The others have a computer controlled engine so the auto throttle is done electronically vs an actual mechanical connection.

I have a 2025R with the auto throttle and I absolutely love it!

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,457 Posts
Mechanical add on.
it will function just like the 2032R?
No, meaning it's a mechanical cable, it cannot be turned on and off like the 32/38R. But, now that I have 200 hrs experience with my 38R I can tell you that I cannot remember the last time I turned it off, so not sure if it really makes a difference or not.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
OK, but I don't want to shift this thread from auto throttle to something else.

I currently have a small Japanese tractor and I plan to sell it and get a new JD tractor. It sounds like auto throttle would be good to have so I'm trying to see if the four tractors I'm currently considering have it or whether I can get it as an option. It would be great to have a discussion about those four tractors, but that would probably be better in a separate thread. Here are the four models: 1025R, 2025R, 3025E, and 2032R. Of course, this list is subject to change.
I have experience with both 1 series mechanical auto throttle, and 2032/2038r electronic auto throttle.
We have published a video showing install on the 1025r. It is a bit of a hack, unsupported by Deere, but it works ok.

Overall, the eThrottle on the 2032r/2038r is much nicer. If choosing a tractor purely because of this feature, choose the 2032/2038r. ..and yes, I DO find the eThrottle quite useful. I leave it on most (if not ALL) of the time, like PJR832.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Overall, the eThrottle on the 2032r/2038r is much nicer. If choosing a tractor purely because of this feature, choose the 2032/2038r. ..and yes, I DO find the eThrottle quite useful. I leave it on most (if not ALL) of the time, like PJR832.
I actually watched that video yesterday. It was GREAT! I'm not choosing a tractor purely based on auto throttle. But the tractor I get must have it. Right now, I'm focusing on the 2032R and the 3025E. Do both of these have eThrottle as standard equipment, or is it an option? I've watched several of your videos during the past week or so. They (and you) are wonderful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts