Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a x758 with the auto connect deck. Driving over the deck in my shop, the deck wants to slide a little. Have you guys come up with anything to help that on smooth concrete?

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Use 42# suitcase weights in front.

rob

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
I am lucky enough to have the room to put a 2x4 against a cement wall and to the front of the deck to engage. Taking it off sometimes it slides a little but it does come off. I also use three pieces of 12"x 2x4 to make a ramp to the deck 6 pieces total 3 each side, (1 piece then 2) parallel to the deck so it doesn't push getting on and use the 2x4's in the front to get off for the disconnect. once over the deck out come the pieces when connecting. Hope that makes sense... I've tried rubber matts, and that didn't really help. They want you to do this in the grass I believe.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,987 Posts
Try a rubber floor mat.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Increase rpm on the engine. The front wheels will climb on the deck faster and hold it down better

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Try a rubber floor mat.
This. What also helps me a lot is putting 2 short pieces of 2x4 down next to the deck so the front wheels climb onto the wood first and then onto the deck - much less of a vertical climb to overcome so less tendency to push the deck forward. I do the same when I remove the deck, makes for a smoother roll-off.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Have to ask, 4wheel drive engaged?
There is no way to turn off the AWD drive system on a x758. Front wheels are powered 100% of the time the machine is running.

·
Premium Member
19,831 Posts
Found out with the x738,, go full throttle and press the diff lock button on floor board, goes up over the deck with very little moment on smooth concrete, compared to just a lite throttle and not pressing the diff lock.

Yes front wheels are powered 100% of the time, BUT from what my shop foreman told me , unless the rear wheels slip-start to spin, the front wheels do not tear up the grass like the locked in x590 or my 1025r when making turns. IMO

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

·
Registered
10 Posts
This. What also helps me a lot is putting 2 short pieces of 2x4 down next to the deck so the front wheels climb onto the wood first and then onto the deck - much less of a vertical climb to overcome so less tendency to push the deck forward. I do the same when I remove the deck, makes for a smoother roll-off.
Ditto. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Blocks and the rubber thick horse mat on smooth finished concrete ....
Deck on...deck coming off.

Reactions: JDGreen-n-Yellow
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.