Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to remove my 60D autoconnect deck from my 1023e today. Set knob to install, unlocked the gauge wheel latches, flipped the deck lock in the rear, etc... (ain't my first time). Backed off, deck was sliding. Tried to reconnect and was pushing deck forward. Looked under and the draft arms/PTO were WAY too low and catching on the bar that goes between the deck latches in the rear, enough to bend the bar... And, no way it was hooking back up.

I only remove the deck for winter. It came off fine last fall and went on fine last spring. The only thing I did to the deck this year was go through the setup/leveling procedure, as per the manual and the guidelines here on GTT, to gain some additional cutting height.

I was able to get the deck off by raising the draft arms/PTO up a bit so to clear the rear deck latch arm, since PTO was already free.

I can replace the bent latch arm thing, but I hope I didn't mess anything else up. And, it's not going back on next spring like this. Any ideas on why this occurred and/or how to correct it? If not, is there any concern with waiting until spring (since deck is off) before calling dealer in (other than $$$ because warranty is up). Thanks

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
Did you have the mower sitting on a large mat or something? Anything to raise the height of just the mower, not the tractor?

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
If your tire pressures are low and you're raising the mower up on a thick mat, that could explain why your linkage was so low.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If your tire pressures are low and you're raising the mower up on a thick mat, that could explain why your linkage was so low.
Ok. I can, and will, check that. Is there only one all-the-way-down-position (aka- "install"), no matter if you adjust deck, because that's all I did different this year vs last? Draft arms/PTO looked WAY low to me. PTO shaft looked to be pointed down, maybe 45 degrees, too

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
The PTO shaft pointing down is another matter altogether. There should be an adjustment bolt directly under the carrier bearing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448853651.272120.jpg

You also don't have to lower the mower linkage all the way. Simply lower the mower until it's fully seated all the way around, not on the wheels. Then rotate the height knob one more setting lower when the mower is touching. That being said, something seems wrong if you need to do that. You may not have the clearance needed to get over the mower without hitting something or getting hung up altogether.

Can you post some pics?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The PTO shaft pointing down is another matter altogether. There should be an adjustment bolt directly under the carrier bearing.

View attachment 92609

You also don't have to lower the mower linkage all the way. Simply lower the mower until it's fully seated all the way around, not on the wheels. Then rotate the height knob one more setting lower when the mower is touching. That being said, something seems wrong if you need to do that. You may not have the clearance needed to get over the mower without hitting something or getting hung up altogether.

Can you post some pics?
^^
:ttiwwp:
Help us help you
Besides eveyone here loves pictures

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll get some pics up, hopefully. In the meantime, can someone give me a part diagram/number for the rear lock/bar on the deck? I'm pretty sure I'll need to replace it and I cannot find a parts diagram

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think it helps to have pto selector in the rear only position if I remember correctly. Let's the splined shaft move freely

Sent from the mountains

·
Registered
22 Posts
i know the feeling

I Inatalled the MMM lift and everything from a box of used parts and had the same issue. I actually ripped the metal latch that you bent right off of my deck. Luckily it was only like $14 to replace. For me the bolt under the bearing caught the latch, once it was properly adjusted, no more issues

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
If it's only bent, bend it back. I did, never replaced it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet but, by the looks of the parts diagrams, it's probably the PTO shaft catching. Shouldn't be hard to fix (I hope) but I'm still not sure why it would get so out of whack between spring and now

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally had a chance to look into this problem. The entire assembly is being allowed to fall down. Someone confirm please, but I think there's supposed to be an adjustment/stop bolt in the hole in the bottom of the carrier, as seen in picture 2 and 3 uploadfromtaptalk1449944946975.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1449944975843.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1449944989437.jpg

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
The bolt is missing as you suspect.

PC123937.JPG PC123934.JPG

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I figured. I'm about tired of bolts falling off this autoconnect set-up (this is #2 for me). Can someone link me to a parts diagram? Better yet, tell me how to find it and I'll stop asking.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Looks like parts 5,6,8 to replace.

https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.deere.u90.jdparts.view.publicservlets.HomeUnsigned?selectedMenu=JDPARTS_HOME&userAction=countrySelected&country=US&language=19

Auto-Connect Drive Shaft
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
1AM131981Cross And Bearing Assembly2
2LVA17078Yoke With Shaft1
3LVU20093Quick Coupler1Mid-PTO Female
440M7166Snap Ring1
519M8568Cap Screw1M10 X 120
614M7296Flange Nut2M10
7LVU20271Bearing Housing W/O Bearing1ORDER AM143641
AM143641Bearing With Housing1
824M7178Washer110.500 X 30 X 2.500 mm
9LVU29616Strap4

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
First time I lost the nut off the bolt I knew I didn't want that again. I used a lick washer on the inside and a lock washer and lock nut on the outside. Did not want that coming out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
First time I lost the nut off the bolt I knew I didn't want that again. I used a lick washer on the inside and a lock washer and lock nut on the outside. Did not want that coming out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. I never checked it because I didn't even know how the whole thing worked until it broke (not complicated, surprised other brands haven't replicated it, unless it's a patent issue). I only remove the deck for winter so I'm assuming it fell off sometime between March and November when I wouldn't have noticed

1 - 20 of 28 Posts