Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any advice. I have the 54" autoconnect deck for the 1025r. When I went to mow today I noticed the PTO did not sound right so I took a look. The two pieces did not line up last time I put the deck on. On the 1025r it seems as though there is nothing keeping it from dropping fully so it is not lining up level with the mower deck, but rather dropping about 45 degrees down. Thoughts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
967 Posts
Pictures would help to diagnose. It takes a few "On"-"Off" trial and error episodes till you really get the Auto_Connect under your belt. Don't ask How I know this.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Missing the bolt that holds the carrier bearing level? Seems to be a common issue with a new tractor. These get installed, some never get tightened. In short order they come loose, fall off, and when you disconnect the mower, the bearing flops over and prevents re-connection. This should be covered under warranty, no questions asked.

1 series auto connect adjustment bolt.jpg

·
Registered
967 Posts
Missing the bolt that holds the carrier bearing level? Seems to be a common issue with a new tractor. These get installed, some never get tightened. In short order they come loose, fall off, and when you disconnect the mower, the bearing flops over and prevents re-connection. This should be covered under warranty, no questions asked.

Now that is one thing I have not experienced yet? Have to check it out before I put the blower on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So my thought was wrong, bolt is there just possibly out of alignment?

IMG_20140929_191801.jpg

Sorry it is a bad picture I put it away for the night it was getting to dark to fight with it.

Hopefully you can make it out in the picture, but the couple is sitting below the shaft

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Need a lock washer

Mine fell off the first time I fired up my mowing deck. Fortunately, I was on my driveway and it was easy to find. Given the vibration this assembly must see, shouldn't there be a lockwasher? I found a flat washer and the nut, but no lock washer. My bolt didn't have time to fall out, apparently.

·
Registered
967 Posts
OUCH! Looks complicated. Looks like a dealer issue. If not, try and get the deck completely free of the tractor and work it from there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OUCH! Looks complicated. Looks like a dealer issue. If not, try and get the deck completely free of the tractor and work it from there.
That was my plan, at least it is almost winter. I had it off earlier today but put it back on with the same problem. Next thing you know it was dark. I guess I know what I will be attempting Saturday morning.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
So my thought was wrong, bolt is there just possibly out of alignment?

View attachment 33325

Sorry it is a bad picture I put it away for the night it was getting to dark to fight with it.

Hopefully you can make it out in the picture, but the couple is sitting below the shaft
There's a tab the bolt rests on. The tab is welded to the cross-shaft. Is that there? We have seen at least one owner report that tab breaking off. You can see the tab I'm referencing in my picture I posted earlier.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
To get a clearer picture, get the mower completely out of the way. Then you have much better access for pictures and repair.:good2:

·
Registered
967 Posts
After two full seasons of mowing my Bearing/Bolt are snug and tight. :usa

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I kindof fell off the face of the earth on this post. Got married end of October so most of the last 6 weeks were shot. Anyway. The piece that broke off was in fact the metal bracket. Got it replaced (Deere changed the part and it is now a solid assembly not just a shaft). Went to install it today only to find out they made the "shaft" larger and the assembly to mount to the pto couple no longer fits...

Nothing can be easy...

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Sorry I kindof fell off the face of the earth on this post. Got married end of October so most of the last 6 weeks were shot. Anyway. The piece that broke off was in fact the metal bracket. Got it replaced (Deere changed the part and it is now a solid assembly not just a shaft). Went to install it today only to find out they made the "shaft" larger and the assembly to mount to the pto couple no longer fits...

Nothing can be easy...
Is there some sort of bulletin or recall for this issue or does John Deere just fix as required ?? :unknown:

·
Premium Member
14,102 Posts

Nothing can be easy...
Congrats to you and your better half , best wishes for a long marriage.

Now sorry for the wrong part but what else is new when they makes changes, good thing at least its at the end of the mowing season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts