Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't received my machine yet, but I *have* started receiving some of the accessories I intend to install!
I have some LED lights for forward and rear- wondering what opinions on location some of you 2305/1-series owner have?

My 1st thought was to mount them all under-slung on the top of the ROPS (two spots forward, one flood backward).
This gets them high- giving a more downward angle to the beams than if I mount in the stock positions (above hazard/turns).
Also, seems to me there is less chance of glare to the operator if mounted up high. I realize there are shrouds available to deal with this if I go with the lower mounting height.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Higher is better for sure. Make sure you dont month them in a spot where a good bounce will make you smack your head on them.

That is possible depending on how you mount them on a 2305 but dont know about the 1 series. But something to think about.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Higher is better for sure. Make sure you dont month them in a spot where a good bounce will make you smack your head on them.

That is possible depending on how you mount them on a 2305 but dont know about the 1 series. But something to think about.
Seems like they would be high enough not to hit my head, and also set back a bit. Having the reverse mounted flood up high would help me using the hoe too, though I doubt I would need to use the hoe at night!

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Probably be fine on your 1 series as I think the ROPs tilts back. But they dont on the 2305 so smacking my head on them was something I thought about !

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
JDs aux lights work very well, but higher may be even better. The JD lights are flood lights, not sure if I'd want spot lights.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JDs aux lights work very well, but higher may be even better. The JD lights are flood lights, not sure if I'd want spot lights.
IME with LED lights, they don't have the range that halogens have. The newer stuff is getting better, but since I may mount them high on the ROPS, I figured the spots would do a better job of forward lighting. With the 1026R's side-mounted lights already lighting the cockpit area, I could see more need to supplement the front sealed beams, which tend to get blocked when doing any loader work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.