Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends! I have been on this site for long enough to know there are plenty of people here who understand hydraulics better than I ever will so I figured it would be a good spot to ask this. If two skid steers put out the same auxiliary hydraulic flow, lets say 35gpm, at the same system pressure, what is the significance of one of them having 75 engine horsepower and the other one having 90 or 100 engine horsepower? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
If all your wanting is an aux function that has 35gpm at a given pressure and the 75hp unit achieves that, than the 90hp and 100hp units will just burn more fuel. Think a hydraulic breaker hammer. Just sitting in one spot hammering away. Doesn't matter what size hp machine if the 75 achieves it.

If the same two skidsteers start doing
multiple functions then the gain goes to the higher HP units. The more 35gpm demand you draw the better the machine will perform with more hp.

·
Registered
332 Posts
There is no advantage in your hypothetical of having higher horsepower. A good example is Deere's 3E series. They all have
the same hydraulic output and capacity. 3025e (25 hp), 3032e (32 hp), and 3038e (38 hp) all lift the same weight on the loader.
Now if your going to run something off the PTO, that's a different story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts