Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for my new 1025R and my dealer said JD has put my order on hold due to parts availability.
Any idea on what parts they are waiting on? It was scheduled for Nov. 2019 now it might not show up until 2020.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Waiting for my new 1025R and my dealer said JD has put my order on hold due to parts availability.
Any idea on what parts they are waiting on? It was scheduled for Nov. 2019 now it might not show up until 2020.
What state are you from? Ag-Pro in the Ohio, Georgia and, I believe, Indiana, have plenty of them in stock. :greentractorride:

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
My local dealer has 6 or 8 at the one location alone, no clue how many total as they have 4 total locations.

·
Registered
294 Posts
South Dakota... big state... no mans land... lots of property. Would love to live there. Guessing they dont stock too many as there are less people per square mile. Lol
My Dealer in CT always has 4 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
South Dakota
Two dealerships were giving me the same story when I first started pricing them out. Nov before they could get anything new in stock.
was just at my closest JD dealer last week. he must of had 6 1025R's sitting out front. in Pa. i think i would be asking ur dealer to get u one from another dealer. these dealers back east here trade all the time.

·
Registered
926 Posts
It appears that there's a lot of inventory sitting around at many dealerships, including a fair number of new/non-current 2018's. Apparently some dealerships in the OP's area don't have as much demand for SCUTs and under-ordered 1025Rs. If it was me and I didn't want to wait for Deere to build it, I'd be shopping around at the many other John Deere dealers in South Dakota or adjoining states. If the dealer won't deliver or the OP doesn't have a trailer, vehicle shipping is usually less than $1 per mile and a U-Haul trailer or truck even cheaper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In North Georgia I have 3 Dealers within 50 miles. All of the have plenty of 1025r’s, but the 2 series tractors are not available right now. Go figure!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Farm country here in The Dakotas, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas...I see lots of bigger tractors on JD dealerships, fewer SCUT’s.

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
In North Georgia I have 3 Dealers within 50 miles. All of the have plenty of 1025r’s, but the 2 series tractors are not available right now. Go figure!

Huh. When I went by my local dealer up here in MA the other day it was the exact opposite. He had one 1023E and no 1025Rs on his lot but at least two dozen 2-series. He had three 3-series machines but they were all sold and just waiting delivery. I didn't ask about ordering time for the 1025R but he told me he could probably get a 3-series for me in 4-5 months. X300-series mowers and UTVs were scattered all over his lot. Had plenty of those! :laugh:

·
Registered
243 Posts
was just at my closest JD dealer last week. he must of had 6 1025R's sitting out front. in Pa. i think i would be asking ur dealer to get u one from another dealer. these dealers back east here trade all the time.
They had a whole slew of 1 series in martinsburg when I went to buy mine. Only 1 2 series, a 2038, and it was sold. Mine came down from ebensburg.

Same, lots of 1025’s, but no 2 series.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Previous post sum it up pretty well.

There are plenty of "new" 1025 on dealers lots, most sitting since spring.

In your area, the combination of lower demand for a "small" tractor and end of year production changes/inventory cutting is causing the of availability.

Just like car manufacturers - they make tweaks to lineups every year between July 4th and Labor day. Things shut down periodically for maintenance during the peak vacation demand season.

Top it off with the tariff concerns. Deere is cutting cost/inventory on ALL products. Less inventory of parts equals greater efficiency - but also a potential supply disruption. Simple fact is Deere cannot "reallocate" inventory from a franchised dealer. Once its sold to dealer a. Its theirs.

Now for chain dealers like AgPro, no problem - just move it within the company. But for one store shops - they are stuck. Even worse - if your Deere and favored franchisees like an AgPro are overstocked - you need to cut production to let them move inventory. But when you cut - you hurt those who inventory less product. Thought being - if demand is x number of units, buyers will find dealers with inventory or pre order vs. buy something else to a brand loyal company like Deere. This stacks the deck in favor of chains...buy more/inventory more and buyers are funneled towards you.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
When I bought my 1025R he said 2 weeks. I said what about one of those 15-20 you have sitting on the lot? He said they had attachments I didn’t order and come with the tractor. He needed to get mine from another dealer, and fit it with the attachments I ordered to get the 0% financing included all in one. I had to drool over the ones on the lot waiting for mine. This was in the spring, so I wouldn’t know how many are there now

·
Registered
284 Posts
Washington Tractor in Sumner has more than I can count. All their other branches have at least 5. I think they still have 2018s. When I bought my 2025R a few months ago they did. I got the first 2019 they sold as TLBHs from 2018 were gone. But with the promotion they had the price was the same either year. If they still had 2018s in your model you got that. If not you got a 2019 at the same price. If I got the one without the backhoe it would have been a 2018. I didn't get the backhoe for that reason. I got it because I wanted it. I got a thumb with it. I don't really need it but it sure is handy for cutting logs and setting big rounds on my splitter. As I am getting older bending down to use it in the vertical position is harder. I also looked at the 1025R and they were still 2018s. But for the small price difference l wanted the bigger tires for ground clearance.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Delivered 9/19/19

It did come earlier than expected (9/19/19). I suppose it is the old motto 'Under promise and over Deliver'.
Now the fun begins!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts