Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to rent a machine this weekend to dig about 250 ft to install some electrical conduit etc. cheapest thing they had was B2601. The arch rival of my 2025R lol. After 2 days of digging I’ll be glad it’s going back. I never test drove one when I bought my machine but I did look at them. I can’t compare backhoes because obviously mine doesn’t have one but overall ergonomics there is no comparison. The deere outshined it in every possible way. The one thing I did like about the Kubota was the 3spd tranny. It has an ultra low gear that I wish my 2025R had sometimes. This machine had 245 hours on it so wasn’t too old but the paint didn’t match the wheels. It smoked like crazy when you started it. I hated the treadle peddle and loader joystick. It was a capable machine prob as much so as my 2025R but it felt like a Cadillac vs a pinto. Needless to say it got the job done and at end of the day I was glad I went green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Good to hear!
I too thought about the Kubota, but that dang treadle peddle kept me from even getting on one.
I cant remember what it was, but some years ago I briefly used a tractor that had one. A few minutes was all it took. Hated it.

Luckily, I got the backhoe with my 2025, so no need to rent anything for trenches.
Then again, I had plenty of plans for the backhoe (still do), so it was in the plan all along.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would loved to have gotten the backhoe. But financially I couldn’t make it work. I had it figured to either go with a 1025R with the backhoe or the 2025R without and I wanted the slightly larger heavier machine. This place I rented from is very reasonable and just a couple miles up the road. Certainly not as convenient as having my own but I can rent this one about 40 times for cost of a backhoe. And I don’t have many backhoe projects. Yet lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this is a John Deere forum, and I like Deere's, but my 2013 Kubota B2620 (old version of the B2601) has been flawless. Not one issue except the weld cracked on the loader joystick. But you can see in my picture thread, I've done some serious work with it.
My B2620 Pics - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

I like the bigger Deere 3R and 4R series. But in the 1R and 2R series, I just find they have too many gadgets that everyone always seems to complain about not working properly. And I sure don't want a tractor that shuts the mid PTO off every time I back up while mowing.

I'm sure I could get used to a 2R, but there is nothing wrong with Kubota's.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I would loved to have gotten the backhoe. But financially I couldn’t make it work. I had it figured to either go with a 1025R with the backhoe or the 2025R without and I wanted the slightly larger heavier machine. This place I rented from is very reasonable and just a couple miles up the road. Certainly not as convenient as having my own but I can rent this one about 40 times for cost of a backhoe. And I don’t have many backhoe projects. Yet lol

Not doubting you and the rental costs at all-I just find it strange that the place didn’t have, or that a walk behind trencher (either Toro Dingo mounted type or smaller singe DitchWitch type) wasn’t cheaper for your rental to do that trench.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I know this is a John Deere forum, and I like Deere's, but my 2013 Kubota B2620 (old version of the B2601) has been flawless. Not one issue except the weld cracked on the loader joystick. But you can see in my picture thread, I've done some serious work with it.
My B2620 Pics - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

I like the bigger Deere 3R and 4R series. But in the 1R and 2R series, I just find they have too many gadgets that everyone always seems to complain about not working properly. And I sure don't want a tractor that shuts the mid PTO off every time I back up while mowing.

I dont think anyone is saying the Kubota doesnt work, they do, or Kubota wouldnt sell many.
Its an ergonomic thing, and for some it makes no difference, and for others it does. The big issue for me was that darn treadle peddle. There again, some dont mind it a bit, others, like me, cant stand the thing.

Most of the issues on all the Deeres are add ons. I would guess if anyone else offered the same type of add ons, they would have similar issues. Maybe not.
Either way, any tractor is a huge personal choice, and all of us do and see things differently. Thats why they make so many!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not doubting you and the rental costs at all-I just find it strange that the place didn’t have, or that a walk behind trencher (either Toro Dingo mounted type or smaller singe DitchWitch type) wasn’t cheaper for your rental to do that trench.:dunno:
All walk behind ditch witchs we’re gone for the weekend. Would have saved $50. And that’s it. Next thing available was a mini x at a much higher cost. It’s a Bobcat/Kubota dealer so they’re limited in what equipment they rent. The 2601 with backhoe was still cheaper per day than a ditch witch from the local rental company.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Impressive collection of projects. Like I said the 2601 is just as capable machine as mine in fact probably identical. You just like what you like. I wish I had pics of all my projects. I always think of it after everything is put away

·
Registered
19 Posts
Impressive collection of projects. Like I said the 2601 is just as capable machine as mine in fact probably identical. You just like what you like. I wish I had pics of all my projects. I always think of it after everything is put away

Thanks. It really is impressive what these small tractors can do. Like I said, I like Deere's too. Why else would I regularly browse this forum, LOL.
I have always though the Deere was the best looking compact tractor. And when it comes to the cab models and the Gator cabs.....they are definitely the most luxurious and automotive like. But I ended up a Kubota guy. But I could take either one...whoever has the best local dealer would be the most important thing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
And I sure don't want a tractor that shuts the mid PTO off every time I back up while mowing.
When did Deere start putting the RIO on the 1 and 2 series tractors? My 2520 is a 2009 and it doesn't have one. My X748 was a 2008 model and it did have one. I guess at some point the larger models started getting a RIO, just interested in when.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
When did Deere start putting the RIO on the 1 and 2 series tractors? My 2520 is a 2009 and it doesn't have one. My X748 was a 2008 model and it did have one. I guess at some point the larger models started getting a RIO, just interested in when.
Bout a 30 sec bypass. Maybe exaggerating. Maybe 5 min. Disable RIO and seat switch both in no time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. It really is impressive what these small tractors can do. Like I said, I like Deere's too. Why else would I regularly browse this forum, LOL.
I have always though the Deere was the best looking compact tractor. And when it comes to the cab models and the Gator cabs.....they are definitely the most luxurious and automotive like. But I ended up a Kubota guy. But I could take either one...whoever has the best local dealer would be the most important thing.
Agreed. Machines are so similar the dealer is really the tipping point. No comparison here the Deere dealer is best. Many other reason send people one way or the other but that should be number one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts