Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting edge tamers for my 2032R for this winter. I usually take the bucket and put it at about a 45 degree tangle and back back down my long side walk to clean it off, like using a rear grader blade. Do you think this would still be possible with the tamers on?

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Thinking about getting edge tamers for my 2032R for this winter. I usually take the bucket and put it at about a 45 degree tangle and back back down my long side walk to clean it off, like using a rear grader blade. Do you think this would still be possible with the tamers on?
Hi Morrison,

If you are concerned about them falling off due to back dragging, that will not be a problem. When you angle the bucket, I'd recommend roughly matching the slope of the front of the Edge Tamers (so the tips "ski" along the surface), and that should maintain a small but helpful separation between your bucket and the ground. If you increase the angle, you'll just get more separation as basically only the very tips will be making ground contact.

Hope this makes sense, let us know if we can help further!

The R2 Guys

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
If I'm reading the OP's question correctly, his current practice of back dragging gets all the way down to the sidewalks surface and cleans it off. He's not going to be able to do that with the Edge Tamers as they will keep his bucket lip up off the surface (as they're designed to do). He will be able to back drag, but it will leave a layer of snow on the surface.

·
Vendor
66 Posts
If I'm reading the OP's question correctly, his current practice of back dragging gets all the way down to the sidewalks surface and cleans it off. He's not going to be able to do that with the Edge Tamers as they will keep his bucket lip up off the surface (as they're designed to do). He will be able to back drag, but it will leave a layer of snow on the surface.
That is correct. Thank you for clarifying!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
My pleasure. :good2:

Does the clarification now qualify me for a 40% discount on my next Edge Tamers purchase? :bigthumb:

:laugh::laugh:

·
Vendor
66 Posts
My pleasure. :good2:

Does the clarification now qualify me for a 40% discount on my next Edge Tamers purchase? :bigthumb:

:laugh::laugh:
Ha! Not if you want us to keep making them :lolol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is the only thing keeping me from buying these. Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? Maybe something that clamps on the top of the bucket you could tip forward to use for back dragging like a snow pusher? I saw a neat pusher for skid steer that can be installed over/on a bucketand removed just by tipping forward and back. That would be slick

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is the only thing keeping me from buying these. Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? Maybe something that clamps on the top of the bucket you could tip forward to use for back dragging like a snow pusher? I saw a neat pusher for skid steer that can be installed over/on a bucketand removed just by tipping forward and back. That would be slick
Keep a wrench in your pocket, takes 60 seconds to remove or install tamers.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Yes they are super Fast to remove. There One of the best investments I made for My Tractor especially for Taking out the Trash :bigthumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes they are super Fast to remove. There One of the best investments I made for My Tractor especially for Taking out the Trash
I was thinking a cordless impact😁. But still have to get on and off and waste a bit of time.

·
Premium Member
10,676 Posts
I was thinking a cordless impact😁. But still have to get on and off and waste a bit of time.
If you can weld, you could always weld a piece of round bar to the top of the existing bolt head to create a T-handle that would allow you to attach and remove them without tools.

·
Vendor
66 Posts
FWIW, we don't do the T-handle thing because you'll be taking material into the bucket, which could then move against the T-handle, defeating its purpose. I'd offer that unless you want to physically dig into the ground or scrape a surface completely off with the lip of your bucket, there aren't many reasons they shouldn't be on all the time. In the grand scheme of a project, the minute or two of install/removal time of these should not be a factor. Everyone is different, but I can count on one hand the number of times I put them on or take them off all year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you can weld, you could always weld a piece of round bar to the top of the existing bolt head to create a T-handle that would allow you to attach and remove them without tools.
I've got 3 cordless impacts, I can spare keeping one on the tractor

FWIW, we don't do the T-handle thing because you'll be taking material into the bucket, which could then move against the T-handle, defeating its purpose. I'd offer that unless you want to physically dig into the ground or scrape a surface completely off with the lip of your bucket, there aren't many reasons they shouldn't be on all the time. In the grand scheme of a project, the minute or two of install/removal time of these should not be a factor. Everyone is different, but I can count on one hand the number of times I put them on or take them off all year.
I like keeping near the garage door clean down to the asphalt, as it is now my Jeep can't fit with the roof rack. I'm going to be making some low profile roof cross bars in hopes of making it fit, but it's still going to be close. I could probably keep it good enough but wouldn't really know for sure until I tried it.

BTW, have you guys thought about selling on Amazon? We're cashbpoor right now but I have loads of Hilton Honors points I would probably buy a set right now if you did:).

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Hi rcguymike,

Regarding backdragging, the amount of snow that would be left should be minimal, literally a few scoops with a shovel near the garage door after and done, especially in comparison to what you could do with the bucket on its own.

Regarding Amazon, yeah we've thought about it, but at the moment we can't keep them in stock, we are on rolling backorders. Amazon would be none to happy with us. Once we have production more sustained, we'll see. We have some thoughts on that, but it will take time.

Thanks,

The R2 Guys

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Perhaps a piece of barn floor mat attached to the back of the bucket? Aligned such that when the bucket is curled all the way back and lowered all the way down, it is just long enough to scrape the ground? Then you can cleanly back drag snow in the same manner you would back drag gravel or dirt with the back of the bucket.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi rcguymike,

Regarding backdragging, the amount of snow that would be left should be minimal, literally a few scoops with a shovel near the garage door after and done, especially in comparison to what you could do with the bucket on its own.

Regarding Amazon, yeah we've thought about it, but at the moment we can't keep them in stock, we are on rolling backorders. Amazon would be none to happy with us. Once we have production more sustained, we'll see. We have some thoughts on that, but it will take time.

Thanks,

The R2 Guys
Thanks for the feedback! I will just have to see how winter goes for now and then maybe I'll just have to buy some to try it. I'm sure I could resell if they don't work out.

I haven't looked into it too closely but would selling 3rd party, not necessarily fulfilled by Amazon work? Or do they have stocking rules?

Perhaps a piece of barn floor mat attached to the back of the bucket? Aligned such that when the bucket is curled all the way back and lowered all the way down, it is just long enough to scrape the ground? Then you can cleanly back drag snow in the same manner you would back drag gravel or dirt with the back of the bucket.
I'm hoping to get within a few inches of the door, I think back dragging with the bucket rolled all of the way back would be about the same as the edge tamers and it seems to work ok for dirt.

I'm planning on parking the tractor in the garage so one side of the driveway won't be a problem... maybe if I switch which side I park on that might make the difference.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Vendor
66 Posts
I haven't looked into it too closely but would selling 3rd party, not necessarily fulfilled by Amazon work? Or do they have stocking rules?
At the moment we're on backorder, so selling them isn't the issue, making them fast enough and of the right quality is. FBA isn't a great option because they're quite heavy, and we'd have to pass all that expense back to the customer. Also, the Edge Tamers sell quite seasonally, exactly at the time when Amazon ramps up their storage and fulfillment costs for Christmas. I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know, but hey, that's why these forums exist, right?

Ultimately, though, it still comes down to Amazon doesn't like vendors who run out of stock, so we have to make sure that cannot possibly happen, and we're not there at the moment.

Hope this makes sense!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts