Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in early spring of 2013 I visited my local JD dealer and wanted to trade my 4100 for a 1026. The sales guy sort of blew me off and low balled what he offered me on the 4100. My experience with that salesman soured me on wanting a JD and I ended up buying a BX2370. Well it didn't take me long to dislike the BX, I can't tell you why but it never made me feel warm and fussy! Actually the BX is a very good tractor and never had given me any trouble. I did feel the mower deck was a bit-h to get on and off and the loader seemed to be a little slower but over all nothing major that would make any reasonable person want to trade it for a JD 1025R.
Here is where I need your support! I just traded,, a perfectly good BX2370 for a JD 1025R, the two year ownership of the BX cost me about $3000 if you figure taxes and the JD sells for more then the BX. Sounds a little crazy doesn't it? But I did it and with the 0% for 60 months its going to cost me $98 per month for a green tractor! If it wasn't for three things I probably wouldn't have done it but because of the follow three things I did it:
1. 0%
2. $1500 deal on two implements
3. The A-hole salesman that blew me off has been fired
Because this is a JD Forum, I'm sure I'll get some support to make me feel better about going back to green.
Thanks for reading my rant

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome from WI...:drinks: And congrats on that 1025R!!

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Meh. We all make mistakes. Gizmo2 reminds me of mine all the time.......:lol:

All that really matters is, are you happy? Life's too short not to be.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
7,918 Posts
All that really matters is, are you happy? Life's too short not to be.:thumbup1gif:
Diesel is 100% correct. If you are happy, that is all that matters.

Some will validate your decision based on color. I will say :thumbup1gif: because it woulda like you are happier.

Same thing happened to me. Wanted to trade my 2305 for a 2720. Got blew off...three times. I am 95 hours into my B3200 (and I am very happy:dance:).

This is not just a JD forum, it is also a great bunch of folks. Makes it worth hanging around regardless of color.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

Lotsa good tractors of different colors out there, many are great machines, but it's what you feel comfortable on that counts. A good dealer will also factor into which color and who you will eventually buy from.

Good Luck with your new 1025R.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
:wgtt:.

Welcome from Lancaster, PA!

My first experience on a tractor was on an orange one. I really liked it, too. My old neighbor owned it, and let me use it about a dozen times to do work in my yard. When I first started looking at owning a tractor, I immediately looked for orange ones, until a salesman blew me off. I rolled into the JD dealer, and even though it was close to quitting time on a Saturday afternoon, the salesman stayed and went over everything about the tractors on his lot, asking questions about how I planned on using it, the size of my property, etc. He got me on a 1 series, and I was hooked. I really love my JD. I would have a really hard time going to another manufacturer's machine at this point.

I'm not at all saying orange ones, red ones, blue ones, or any other color is less of a machine than my green one, but my green machine has treated me very well, and so has the dealership, and most importantly GTT.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You did the right thing. I have 5 acres and really only maintain 2 acres. Full of 90 ft tall white pines. Ton of snow here in Minnesota in winter. Extremely sore back trouble. The pines break off in a wind. I have 3 to clean up now. Several months ago I sold my JD gx345 garden tractor set up on Craigslist and bought A JD 1023e..Then I begun thinking, I should have moved to town. Way less work, no snow to plow, no 2 hours of mowing, even with 60 inch deck. No back breaking work with the pine trees. I had second thoughts, if I made a good decision to stay with a better machine for the heavy load. I love the view here. The wild life, even black bear. I love my home here with my wife. You see, I'm 76 years old. If my purchase helps me stay here, it's worth every dollar I spent. If a green machine does this for you my friend. It's worth every dollar.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome from Western PA
:wgtt:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Let us not forget the mental health and wellbeing effects of owning a green tractor! Anyone ever see a hospital room painted bright orange? No! Green is the "restful color".

The orange ones I tried felt "funny", nothing was right where I needed it to be to feel "fuzzy" or "warm". JD's are ergo operating Heaven for my bodily dimensions.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
You did the right thing. I have 5 acres and really only maintain 2 acres. Full of 90 ft tall white pines. Ton of snow here in Minnesota in winter. Extremely sore back trouble. The pines break off in a wind. I have 3 to clean up now. Several months ago I sold my JD gx345 garden tractor set up on Craigslist and bought A JD 1023e..Then I begun thinking, I should have moved to town. Way less work, no snow to plow, no 2 hours of mowing, even with 60 inch deck. No back breaking work with the pine trees. I had second thoughts, if I made a good decision to stay with a better machine for the heavy load. I love the view here. The wild life, even black bear. I love my home here with my wife. You see, I'm 76 years old. If my purchase helps me stay here, it's worth every dollar I spent. If a green machine does this for you my friend. It's worth every dollar.
Good for you !!! I am getting a little long in the tooth and things aren't as easy as they used to be . But I can't imagine giving up my home and moving to town . I hope I am as able as you are when I get to that age . Keep it up !!!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome Back

I guess that is why there so many Think Green adds around. Even our grade school kids from a very early age to Think Green, always consider the environment ! :laugh: My wife said I missed the point , but I don't think so....:greentractorride:

·
Administrator
17,273 Posts
Welcome from Westminster :good2:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
OakSmith,

As most have said, it makes no difference what color the tractor is as long as you are happy with it. With that said "real friends don't let their friends drive nothing but GREEN". :munch:

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia. Yea some sales persons came be a real turn off. First JD425 I bought ,my wife hated the sales person, she liked the salesman where I bought the last 2 tractors and gator. As you said nothing was wrong with your BX but so many things just didn't feel right. When your happy that is the main thing. I traded this summer because of a seal leaking and all the trips back and forth to the dealer. But now I'm happier, not a minute of trouble and close to 55 hrs.
You'll enjoy your 1025R, and you may find a few things you liked better on the 2370. For me the drive over deck, the controls and just the total feel of the ergonomics.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,075 Posts
I agree with most, if you're happy....Life is Good! Never look back.
For the record, I don't make mistakes, dieselshadow makes enough for both of us. :hide: :lol:

·
Registered
927 Posts
it's not the colour Green - friends don't let friends drive red (or other coloured) tractors - and that awarenes starts to each people different times. :thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Welcome to the green world. Hope it's everything you want it to be. There is one thing nobody mentioned...we like pictures. :munch: That being said... :wgtt: from Tn. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome!

Good luck with your tractor. My 1026R is two years old now and even though I am a "mature" gentleman, I still feel like a little kid on Christmas morning every time I climb into the seat and fire up the diesel! Just something about that growling noise -- like a testosterone rub! LOL. But seriously, I've used my tractor it at least three times as much as I ever dreamed I would on less than five acres of grass, field, and woods.
And for the record, I've had much more regret over the things I DIDN'T do than the ones I did! (Like NOT getting the backhoe when it would have saved me even more time and energy)
If my mother was here tonight, she would say "Use it in good health and happiness!":greentractorride:

·
Registered
517 Posts
The re-occurring theme of "do what makes you happy" is absolutely true.. I bought a 1023 back in april and absolutely adore it.. When I bought I was buying an atv and a tractor at the same time.. So I was shopping specifically at places that are a combination tractor and power sports dealer.. From the start,I "WANTED" a John Deere tractor and a Polaris atv.. I have owned both brands and loved the one's I had owned in the past.. As I shopped, I actually came very close to doing a deal on a Kioti tractor and an Arctic Cat atv.. After talking with my wife about it, she gave me the perspective.. The John Deere and the Polaris that I really wanted and inevitably purchased were quite a bit more expensive than the Kioti and the Cat.. But she said.. At the end of the day you're just gonna be disappointed every time you use either one of them if you don't get the ones you want vs the ones that are just "good enough".. Not to mention that I think my 5 year old son would have disowned me if I came home with anything but a green tractor.. What?, you're making decisions based on what a 5 year old thinks?, I asked myself.. Well.. Yes!, was partly the answer to that question.. My boy and I ride the quad a lot together and he's been on my lap on my two previous JD's a thousand times.. He loves it too, so heck yeah it matters!.. For the most part.. I think these machines are really more about want than need.. Just as often though.. I think they also represent a reward for the buyer for years of hard work and making due with lesser equipment until the time was right to spring for something like these 1 series tractors... So long story longer.. Good on ya' for getting what you want vs settling for good enough..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts