Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 370B BH on my 3038E and have noticed some steering issues like the front end is a little light. The loader is on and it has fluid filled tires. I am assuming the front tires are filled as well because of the metal valve stems but there are times when I turn the wheel but the tractor keeps going straight. Do I need to add front ballast ? And can you put a front weight bracket on a tractor with a loader. I searched Green parts for front wheel weights with no results for my model.

I was planning on leaving the BH on most of the time, for rear ballast, unless I was doing grading work on the driveway but now I am second guessing myself. Is it too much weight on the back adding wear and tear to the tractor ? Any thoughts from you BH owners ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for all of the responses. I will try some of your suggestions.

Maineiac, besides doing the back and forward. Is there a way to check if diff lock is stuck on? Not sure that this is the issue but it will not hurt to check.

I will also verify that the fronts are loaded, like I originally posted, they did put the metal valve stems on all 4 tires but that doesn't mean the dealer actually filled them. And if they are not, they will be. lol And if they are filled , I need to find another solution besides carrying something in the bucket for extra weight. Only 10 acres of the 40 we have is flat so I need a more permanent solution to add some weight to the front.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another way to determine if differential is locked or not is to drive straight forward and press one brake pedal, let's say right, firmly. Engine will probably labor some, but if tractor heads to the right, differential NOT locked. If tractor goes straight, differential IS locked.

I'm not familiar with the 3038 and assuming 2 brake pedals! Bob
Nope, one brake. But thanks !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.