Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 3025e TLB
8 Posts
I had a 2018 3025e with a 300e loader and 370b backhoe rolling on the larger R4 tire option. I used it for some pretty heavy duty earth work without and with liquid ballast in the rear tires. In both instances, I don't recall steering issues on mostly flat ground or going down hill. I will say the machine felt more "planted to the ground" as a whole once filling the rears to 75% with Rim Guard. Headed up a steep grade bucket first with the backhoe on could occasionally make the front a touch light, which a scoop of dirt/rocks/stone etc. would remedy but I expect that behavior with any piece of equipment that has a heavy mass like a backhoe hanging off the back. I agree with an above post, 4WD will change the steering ability and feel of the machine, but I wouldn't think enough to make it so you "go straight" when trying to turn?..

--What I had an off an on problem with would though. From day 1, I had intermittent issues with the posi-trac being stuck on. When the diff is locked, it's hard to get the machine to do anything other than go straight. It never made it to the level of "having to go to the dealer for a warranty claim", but an occasional issue that was mostly a minor annoyance requiring me to go forward and backwards a few times to unlock the diff.
I have noticed this same issue with my 3025e. Randomly the diff seems to stay locked. If you use the brakes once or twice it usually unlocks right away, if not a few second of driving and it will release. Not a huge issue, but sometimes it can make you nervous in a tight spot!

·
Registered
2021 3025e TLB
8 Posts
Another way to determine if differential is locked or not is to drive straight forward and press one brake pedal, let's say right, firmly. Engine will probably labor some, but if tractor heads to the right, differential NOT locked. If tractor goes straight, differential IS locked.

I'm not familiar with the 3038 and assuming 2 brake pedals! Bob
The 3e series only has a single brake pedal unfortunately. It’s a shame because I use the heck out of the twin pedals on my old 8n, it will steer you no matter what the front wheels are doing!

Reactions: Xesike
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.