Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2018 1025R in May. At the time I couldn't rationalize the expense of the back hoe but now I see where it would be very useful to have. I had my dealer work up the cost of adding the back hoe to my already purchased scut. Unfortunately too much time has elapsed to take advantage of the % financing. He got back to me today with this pricing. Would you say this is in line with what most charge? $6316.95 out the door dealer installed. I may check and see what the cost would be if I do the installation. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You may be better off trading in your current tractor then get a new one with BH. The cost difference may be better that way. Your paying for shop labor to install an already bought equipment. But I would also shop around if possible.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I think that sounds reasonable actually, but I also agree with BillieS that you should work the numbers up a couple different ways and see what’s best for you overall.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought an old 2017 model without backhoe. Couldn’t afford it at the time. They quoted me the exact same price to add on. I really want one now. They are rare to find used. Impossible to find the newer b model. I don’t want to restart payments again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I could save 500.00 if I do the installation myself. The ? is would the unit still be under warrantee if I do. Installation would not be a problem as I grew up working on tractors and heavy equipment(former caterpillar mechanic)but I would want the warrantee.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Do the installation yourself. You'll do a better job than the dealer will.

The warranty probably won't cover anything you screw up during the install, but there's no reason why it won't cover anything else.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 3rd valve unit the dealer will be using is the W.R. Long for the 1025r. Any reason I shouldn't go with this? Updated cost for BH and JD grapple installed is 8400.00 plus 5.3% tax installed.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The 3rd valve unit the dealer will be using is the W.R. Long for the 1025r. Any reason I shouldn't go with this? Updated cost for BH and JD grapple installed is 8400.00 plus 5.3% tax installed.
Again, make sure you price your options out and see what the best value is. Artillian makes and sells a diverter and a grapple-and I prefer an electric over hydraulic diverter over a true 3rd function valve for a grapple any day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts