Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... After 90 boring days at New Holland.. I'm headed back to the Deere shop. Cant wait to get back to the green and yellow! The grass wasnt "greener"! LOL! Updates to follow! And at least I will have access to all that Deere tech data and will be able to share as much as possible. TALLY HO!

·
Administrator
18,004 Posts
There has to be some goods stories in this decision:munch:

Hopefully it was just management issues and the equipment wasn't bad enough to drive you away.

Welcome home:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,729 Posts
Welcome back to the Greener side! :mocking:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Well... After 90 boring days at New Holland.. I'm headed back to the Deere shop. Cant wait to get back to the green and yellow! The grass wasnt "greener"! LOL! Updates to follow! And at least I will have access to all that Deere tech data and will be able to share as much as possible. TALLY HO!
And us! :good2:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Glad you made it back. The grass isn't greener at Case either. Was a mechanic there and didn't enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Welcome back!!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will say that relocating to western NC was a very good thing! That being said...
At least I wont be packing again! Enough of that mess!
I dont mind New Holland, good company, solid products, but a crappy dealer network. Parts take forever. No tech training. no tech support. UNLESS.. the dealer forks over the cash to make it happen. So.. none of the above because the dealer I work for wont fork over the money.And New Holland doesnt push the issue. So we are in the dark. No hard copy tech manuals for anything newer than 5 yrs ago. No current tech manuals or online/disc data for current models. No laptop, no way to connect to a tractor, skid steer, bailer, ect.
I can only cut so much grass, blow so many leaves and push so many brooms. last week I openned my box ONCE!
The local Deere dealer saw my resume online and contacted me. Long story short, we agreed on money and here I go!
I have always enjoyed working with Deere and the way they treat their people. They make it easy for someone who wants to work, and will work, to succeed.
As a side note.
As a Deere tech you WILL get training. Its required. The dealership WILL have the required infrastructure in place. EVERYONE gets training every year. Techs, mgrs, parts ect. It is required and will be done. Recently in this area of NC, the parts delivery system got revamped so that ALL parts are delivered BEFORE business hrs so that the parts are waiting on the tech. Not the opposite. I feel if a corp is gonna do all that for me and my dealer follows thru, then I feel I am able to do my best also.
Just waiting on all the pre employment BS to trickle down before I give notice at NH. WOO HOOO

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Congratulations!

If you're in WNC we're almost neighbors. I'm in NE Tennessee.

So . . . howdy, neighbor. Hope to meet you someday . . . not necessarily for business reasons!

Lots of luck in the new job . . . :good2:

·
Administrator
20,729 Posts
It's really nice to be able to have some pride in your work. Congrats on your new job back at Deere!:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,747 Posts
It's really nice to be able to have some pride in your work. Congrats on your new job back at Deere!:thumbup1gif:
Glad to hear Deere requires training every year.

Its a lot harder to repair something without knowing how it was put together. Saves a lot of time.
Like the old saying Pay now or pay later.

Glad your back.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhhh! day one at the new Deere shop was a pleasure! Even though I'm many miles away from the last Deere shop, I knew 3 techs from training we had together. Still new meat but makes it a lil easier! Everything was there waiting for me when I showed up. New hat, uniforms, hoodie and an envelope with a 100 in it for an xmas thank you. What a class act and a great bunch of guys and gals! Oh.. and the boss bought my lunch for the first day. Rock on with the Green and Yeller!

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's what its all about man! Have a Merry Green Christmas!

·
Administrator
20,729 Posts
:thumbup1gif:

Sent using Tapatalk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts