Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a John Deere 1830 with a Kubota KM190 backhoe attachment. Last night while pulling a stump the top brackets that attach the hoe to the tractor let go. It was not the best set up. I am wondering what the best set up would be for this implement for sturdiness. I have included pictures for viewing. I was thinking maybe attaching to the lift arms of the 3pt hitch? as shown in one picture, or pivot back down to the bottom bract as outlined in red in another piture. Do not mind the chains as they holding the hoe up so it did not drag when moving it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,485 Posts
I don't think I would attach to the top link brackets, the axle seems much stronger.
I would repair/remake what you had, but add triangular gussets between the tower (where the backhoe arms pin in) to the plate, that way the stress is distributed to both sides of the plates that are bolted to the axle.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I think what KD said would be good advice. I would not hook them up to your 3pt hitch. Interesting setup you have there. It appears you are breaking some rather heavy steel. You may even want to go a bit heavier with the brace that KD said to use.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Maybe it's just the picture, but it appears that the break on the left side is already rusted up. Maybe it was fractured already, and the right gave it up finally. The plates appear to be welded together in the middle, and the break looks like it follows the heat affected zone in that area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts