Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1025R with a 260 backhoe, the unit is about three months old and just recently the bucket started bleeding down from the full curled up position when you are driving the tractor. It will bleed down in about a half hour and you always have to check so it doesn't hang completely down. I always keep the locking pins in place when I'm using the tractor and now the bucket will also bleed down when it just sits overnight. I checked for leaks and have not seen any. Any ideas as to why this just staring happening. Thanks Frank

·
Registered
206 Posts
Definitely should not bleed down while the tractor is running. I'll leave others to speculate on where to start looking... I'm a tractor newb, but as long as the hyd pump is working, position should stay fixed... once you shut down, well, all bets are off there.... hell even my outriggers bleed down over a period of days sitting. I make it procedure to fire up, then raise everything before I back out, I've not had it do that while running though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My 260 backhoe has bled down while running since new. I would say it is fairly normal from what I read here? If I don't keep the locking pin in, it would probably hit the ground, even when running. I mow with the BH on and after only a few minutes I have to reach back and snug it up because it gets bouncy, even with the pin in.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Geesh I guess I need to pay more attention, I was pretty sure it stayed where I put it while running...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,456 Posts
Geesh I guess I need to pay more attention, I was pretty sure it stayed where I put it while running...
The 2320 FEL/BH won't. Cheap stuff we have here.

·
Administrator
17,974 Posts
Definitely should not bleed down while the tractor is running. I'll leave others to speculate on where to start looking... I'm a tractor newb, but as long as the hyd pump is working, position should stay fixed... once you shut down, well, all bets are off there.... hell even my outriggers bleed down over a period of days sitting. I make it procedure to fire up, then raise everything before I back out, I've not had it do that while running though.

Some bleeddown is "normal" for the most part, its and unfortunate problem/condition with consumer grade hydraulic products. You wouldn't want to pay for the cylinders and poppet style valves used on the commercial stuff-especially the stuff rated for lifting humans. There are published specs from JD on whats allowed, but if yours or anyone's does not have any than your luckier than most.

As far as the "Definitely should not bleed down while the tractor is running....as long as the hyd pump is working, position should stay fixed..." myth, that is untrue becasue when the valve is in neutral, there is no way for the fluid/pressure from the pump to keep the cylinder from drifting.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I disagree. Mine has bled down like that since new. Bucket or dipper will sag even with it running. Its normal don't sweat it.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My 260 boom drops a bit when not in use, like every other hydraulic digging tool I've ever used. The "big stuff" takes more hours on it to have it get to the PIA stage because of the valving as Kenny mentioned, but they will drop after a while. Which is exactly why they make it so easy to grab the boom pin out of the 260's floorboard and stick it in there.

IF it needs readjustment every couple of minutes or so, I'll say have it checked out. I have not noticed much bucket or dipper movement on mine, but there is some and warm oil/weather will make any leakage more apparant. Those pins are way easier to use than fussing with chains on bigger machines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts