Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to convince my wife that we(I) need a backhoe.... My questions are... 1) Does it operate the same on a 1023 vs 1025(6)? 2) Does it hook up the same (assuming, yes????)

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Yes to both questions. I bought my 1026R specifically because I could get the backhoe.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm trying to convince my wife that we(I) need a backhoe.... My questions are... 1) Does it operate the same on a 1023 vs 1025(6)? 2) Does it hook up the same (assuming, yes????)
The explanation should be easy. Tell her that plants MUST have a hole dug twice the size of the plant bulb. Using the backhoe will solve that problem, you will be able to move/plant anything in your yard her heart desires with ease. It will save her (actually you) all that hard work of using a shovel, yes I said it, a bad word on this forum, if you have a BH. Being greeen, it will blend with the grass and plants. Once she sees it in use you will never go back. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have a 1025R and didn't get a backhoe. I though it wasn't large enough for any work I would need to do. Beside $6000 I could rent a backhoe for a lot less.
I rented a Volvo BL60 tractor backhoe for $600 for the day. I took out 6 large tree stump. Level the ground and filled in the holes all in one 8 hour day.
Then gave it back.
I still have $5400 more in my pocket for another rental if need and don't have to store the backhoe when not in use.
Sorry but I'm with your wife on this one.
P.S. this my out look on a backhoe for a small tractor.

·
Registered
375 Posts
A 16,000 to 20,000 pound bl60 is a whole different class of tool that a lot of people on this board may never experience, myself included. I'm betting a lot here don't even have a vehicle capable of getting the Bl60 to the job site.

It took me an 8 hour day to pull out 3 large stumps (20 inch diameter) last weekend with my 1025 backhoe and I have a few dozen left to go. The nice thing is I can do it on my schedule whenever I want. Different people have different needs and the 1025 backhoe is fulfilling mine wonderfully.

It was actually my wife that convinced me to get the backhoe when we bought the tractor... I'm glad I didn't disappoint her. :)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts
A 16,000 to 20,000 pound bl60 is a whole different class of tool that a lot of people on this board may never experience, myself included. I'm betting a lot here don't even have a vehicle capable of getting the Bl60 to the job site.

It took me an 8 hour day to pull out 3 large stumps (20 inch diameter) last weekend with my 1025 backhoe and I have a few dozen left to go. The nice thing is I can do it on my schedule whenever I want. Different people have different needs and the 1025 backhoe is fulfilling mine wonderfully.

It was actually my wife that convinced me to get the backhoe when we bought the tractor... I'm glad I didn't disappoint her. :)
We had a BH on the 650 we traded. Wife told me if we are not going to get the BH with the 2320 then we were not going to trade the 650.
We got the BH. Yes, she uses the BH also.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

I agree we all have difference needs. If I bought a 2032R or a 3038E I would get a BH on it.
Yes the Volvo is big

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
I agree we all have difference needs. If I bought a 2032R or a 3038E I would get a BH on it.
Yes the Volvo is big
No BH available for the 3E tractors. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that......

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
If this is true, then why can I go to the Deere site and configure a 1023E with a BH? :unknown:
3E is short for the 3032E and 3038E tractors, not the 1023E. :good2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts