Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order Kens hooks for the FEL and wondering about a hook or hooks that might be useful on the backhoe?

Did a search but didn't come up with anything. Anybody done this yet? Got pics or a thread link? Action pics?

Thanks!

John

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
I know some guys have added clevis mounts to their backhoe buckets, both bolted on and welded versions. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures to share.

Here's one that on the website:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is what I planned on doing. I ordered a weld on clevis mount for the hoe. Sorry no pics. Have not had a chance to get it welded on.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know some guys have added clevis mounts to their backhoe buckets, both bolted on and welded versions. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures to share.

Here's one that on the website:
Thanks Kenny - I saw that pic on your web page. I've seen them on the big backhoes out on construction sites. Trying to figure out the best application for the 260.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I believe a Clevis hook mount would be better suited on a backhoe due to the varying articulations the hoe is capable of. A standard hook can have your strap or chain slip off at some angles. You can also remove the Clevis and have only the eye hole mounted when you are not using it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I forgot, getting older I guess, as to weld on or bolt on with the 260 either will serve you just fine. I believe I am going to add this to mine. You most likely will not over stress the bucket steel and for sure the bolts are multi times over more than capable. You may need to clean dirt off the bolts inside the bucket periodically if working in sticky soil excavations.

On a larger backhoe I prefer weld on. Just me though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts