Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one installed a wireless backup camera on their tractor Would like to see the rear blade this winter in action what unit did you use where did you make connection for power how did you wire to make camera active only in reverse Have 2001 4300
Thank you

·
Registered
377 Posts
No real point in going wireless. Camera has to have power and no way to do that wireless unless you add a battery pack. The slight drain created by the camera is enough to kill the battery so don't think you can wire it hot all the time and toggle with the monitor switch. (don't ask how I know)

I put a cheap unit on my 4310 and I don't find it to be much use but that is primarily because I can't focus on it without my glasses and I don't wear them while I'm tractoring. ;) On the rare occasion I find the need I will put my glasses on.

I just wired mine to come on with the ignition. Not sure if it's there on a 4300 but my tractor had an unused wire that is hot with key on by the left side of the cowl.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Has any one installed a wireless backup camera on their tractor Would like to see the rear blade this winter in action what unit did you use where did you make connection for power how did you wire to make camera active only in reverse Have 2001 4300
Thank you

I have outside rear view mirrors to see what is happening behind me.

Dave

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thank you
I did a quick wireless backup camera test last winter running both the camera and display off a rechargeable battery pack. I velcro'd the display to the hood and the camera to one of the ROPS light guards. The display was just too dim to be useful, and this was supposedly one of the brighter displays designed for outside use in RC/drone applications with a fold out sunshield. I suppose if you had your face right up at the display it would be okay, but trying to see it from just a few feet away was useless. If I ever get a cab I'll try again. Until then...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why camera instead of mirrors

Backup camera recommended do to vibration of mirrors attached to tractor framme

·
Registered
821 Posts
Backup camera recommended do to vibration of mirrors attached to tractor framme
I've installed mirrors since my backup camera test failed.
Mirrors with loader-
20190226_173226.jpg

And made a mount so I have mirrors when using the plow on the front quick hitch.
20190802_130107.jpg

In either case, the only time vibration is a problem for me is at idle. Bumping the engine RPM up just a little is enough to smooth things out so the mirrors are stable. Though it may be a different story with your tractor.

Reactions: mark02tj
1 - 6 of 6 Posts