Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Nice. Of course bacon is good no matter how it is cooked:)

I have a Little Chief smoker buried in one of my sheds that I will have to dig out and try that.
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,725 Posts
Have to have Eggs!:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,725 Posts
Gravy???

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Do not read this thread when hungry.....dang y'all!!!:gaah:Between this and the maple syrup thread.... Now, I've got to go make me a midnight snack..... I'm gonna get me some eggo's

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
I prefer butter and honey.

Gizmo: Can you believe the guy from Texas never had real maple syrup? I thought Texas had everything.:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,725 Posts
I prefer butter and honey.

Gizmo: Can you believe the guy from Texas never had real maple syrup? I thought Texas had everything.:laugh:
Nothing to do with Texas surprises me any more. Although sometimes I do feel pretty bad for the people.:lol:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So how long did you cook that and at what temp?

I would guess you don't or cannot cook it until its crispy on the smoker?
I am basically just baking it. I have tried a few different temps and have had varying results. I wasn't keeping track of time and made some of this batch into pork charcoal. I usually set it for 325 or 350 and cook it for about 20 minutes. I honestly did not think it had been on there for 20 minutes the other night when I went out and found that I had over cooked some of it. It is so nice to cook regular bacon and not destroy the kitchen. There is a bit more smokey flavor, but it is really more about the ease and mess. Sometimes I have flipped it, but it really doesn't even need that. I would have taken pictures but it was not very photogenic this time!

Lee

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
I often cook bacon on the gas grill with tin foil folded up on the edges to make a pan for the same reason of not wanting a splatter mess in the kitchen.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts