Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several recipes for this on the internet. They are mostly the same, this is mine. This is a really really good salty sweet jam that is awesome on biscuits with breakfast.

• 1 1/2 lb bacon
  • 1 large yellow onion
  • 6 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup left over coffee
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
(Sorry, I only remembered to take about half of the pictures that I wanted to)

Cook your bacon either in the skillet, or in the oven on a wire rack, which I prefer. If you use a skillet, drain the fat as you go, it will help the cooking process.
20150118_081525.jpg

Saute onions and garlic in a skillet until the onions are transparent. Chop bacon into pieces, add to onions along with the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.

Once thoroughly combined, transfer to croc pot.
20150118_084925.jpg

Cook on high with the lid off until thickened. About 4 hours. Chop to desired consistency with an immersion blender, or chop in food processor.
20150118_142551.jpg

Spread on toast, biscuits or what ever. It is delicious!

Store in jars in the fridge for up to a month. I usually get 3 half pints from a batch.
20150124_221243.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
With bacon and honey and maple syrup, it has to be good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I am definitely going to make this!!! I think I gained 3 pounds just reading about it, so may as well get to enjoy it too! :fed: Thanks for posting!!

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
You've been inducted into the cookbook once again sir.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
I am definitely going to make this!!! I think I gained 3 pounds just reading about it, so may as well get to enjoy it too! :fed: Thanks for posting!!
I'm not cause I'd eat it. :lol:

·
8,558 Posts
I FINALLY found some REAL Maple syrup! (Not easy to find in Texas, so bought 2 bottles!) Now I am going to make this too!! Might be Friday, but at least I now have everything on hand!! :good2:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
You are all missing one of the PRIMARY ingredients in bacon jam.... Here is the recepie I use which includes BOURBON!

Attachments

·
8,558 Posts
I made this!! It is fantastic!! In fact, it is so good, that I am giving away 2 jars of it, because I'm afraid I'd do like Gizmo2 and eat it all!

I only got 2.5 half pint jars. :think: So, I'll keep the half jar, and give the full ones away!!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
i made this!! It is fantastic!! In fact, it is so good, that i am giving away 2 jars of it, because i'm afraid i'd do like gizmo2 and eat it all!

I only got 2.5 half pint jars. :think: So, i'll keep the half jar, and give the full ones away!!
hello!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made this!! It is fantastic!! In fact, it is so good, that I am giving away 2 jars of it, because I'm afraid I'd do like Gizmo2 and eat it all!

I only got 2.5 half pint jars. :think: So, I'll keep the half jar, and give the full ones away!!
Good stuff huh. It isn't your typical bacon recipe. :good2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts