Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2032R Gen 2 with 58 hours.
I'll admit that the seat is better than what was on my Gen 1, but could use some improvement.

I have a bad back. Several disks are basically gone. So as much as I enjoy "seat time" on the JD, I'm always hitting the medicine (or liquor) cabinet after a few hours of chores.
What are some options to lessen the blow to my back??

I'm hesitant to spend big money on an aftermarket seat, BUT if that's what cures me, I'll take any options.

what works for you????

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
What exactly about the seat is causing you back pain?

In my experience, the most supportive seat of any JD compact is the one on the 1025/2025R and 3033(39,46)R. Never tried the air seat. But without knowing what about your current seat is causing problems, it's hard to make recommendations.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Before you go spending the big money for an aftermarket seat, have you checked the air pressure in your rear tires?

All these tractors notoriously come from the dealer over inflated. Reducing the air pressure to the low end of the recommendation - usually 10#-12# - makes a HUGE difference in the ride.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
I run my tires at 15psi. Front and Rear but I have no loader. It helps.

The other day I removed one of the springs. It was simple to do with a prybar. That really helped. It is a little spongier and I sit a little lower but it has only bottomed out once. I weight 175-180 and the seat hardly moved up and down before.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,336 Posts
Tell you what, I have the Deere air ride suspension seat on my 4066, came with it, don't know the cost.

Wish I had one on the Z Trak instead of the mechanical suspension seat.

Flat makes a world of difference on my bad back, lumbar discs shot on me.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
remember u get what you pay for. the cost for a good seat that don't wreak your back is priceless
Exactly - no place to scrimp.

When I drove big truck (Volvo) the seat was just awesome. I was floored when I saw what they cost.

I replaced the terrible seat on my 2520 years ago with a Michigan seat. It was a lot of fabrication to get it to work but well worth the work and cost. Shame on Deere with the cheap seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts