Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a press release revealing the partnership for Bad Boy Tractors.

I haven't spent much time investigating Branson Tractors. I'm interested in others thoughts and opinions...

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
This will be interesting!

In case the link changes here is the press release:

Kukje Machinery Co., LTD., headquartered in Korea, recently signed a contract to supply tractors to Bad Boy Inc. of Batesville, Ark.
Through the OEM contract, the company will supply tractors in the 22-35 horsepower range over the next 7 years.

Farm Equipment is gathering additional details and will share updates.

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
I found a press release revealing the partnership for Bad Boy Tractors.

I haven't spent much time investigating Branson Tractors. I'm interested in others thoughts and opinions...

Kukje Machinery is owned by Tong Yang Moolsan. AKA "TYM".

TYM makes a number of branded tractors. They built the tractors Cabelas was selling a few years ago as well as those that currently being sold by Rural King as "RK Tractors". .

Over the years they've built Branson, Charger, Century, Millennium, Montana and a host of other bit players. At one point they were building some of Mahindra's tractors for them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like Kukje has produced tractors for Deere and engines for Cummins.
I doubt we have seen much of those in North America though.
Will be interesting to see how it pans out though, competition is usually good for the consumer.

JD 110H, 140H3, & 318 w/ 23HP Vanguard

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Maybe that's why we're seeing all the Chinese post's!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Same poor quality tractor different logo. My neighbor in GA had one and it just set all of the time waiting parts he finally sold it on Craigs list for a big loss and bought a Kubota.

Maybe the a Bad Boyz crew will stock parts. If this doesn’t go well it could be a black eye on a fine group of folks.

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Bad boy tractors will likely fizzle out pretty quickly...

·
Registered
292 Posts
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The one thing about TYM you typically get a lot of for the price but as others have said service and support seem to be the biggest hurdle for them to overcome. For comparison a RK37HC is 26.5k, a Kioti CK35 roughly 30k and a JD3039R for about 37k for a cabbed HST with cab. On top of that they typically are coming with items standard that are additional options for JD such as teloscopic draft links and rear remotes.

I bleed green but I am the first to admit if I was buying new I probably wouldn't own one. It's hard to justify a cost of 5 or 10K just for some green paint. I buy them because I work on my own equipment and JD has really good tech manuals and parts availability. 10-15 years ago a lot of people gave LS and Kioti a slim to little chance of surviving the US market and now they are both pretty firmly established with owners that have been extremely satisfied with them.

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
There is still a HUGE difference other than just green paint when you compare to a Deere. Quality is a big one. Going to a show like the National Farm Machinery Show will give one the opportunity of see the differences immediately.

·
Premium Member
11,846 Posts
There is still a HUGE difference other than just green paint when you compare to a Deere. Quality is a big one. Going to a show like the National Farm Machinery Show will give one the opportunity of see the differences immediately.

Dealer support and network are really important, and many of these other tractor brands do not have the dealer networks that JD, Kubota, New Holland, IH/Case, etc do.

Looking over the Kioti tractors at the Farm Show, they seemed to be made pretty well. So just for grins I tried to see where the closest dealer is. The dealer locator page on Kioti's site didn't work when I put in my zip code..... I had do google it. Closest dealer is in Louisville at 2+ hours, the other two were in the 3 to 4 hour distance. They all appeared to be "Mower Shops".

No matter where I go with my JD, there is gonna be a dealer in that area.

I don't get the "re-branding". Rural King is selling "their" tractor which is just a Yanmar with red paint and a different badge. Now Bad Boy, who is a manufacturer is putting their name on someone else's machine. Rural King has nothing to loose reputation wise. Bad Boy has a pretty respectable name based on the machines they make.

I know Yanmar made the 2210 and the 2305 tractors that I owned, and they make the engine in my 3039R. However the 2210 & 2305 weren't re-branded. They were built specifically for JD, and that I know of you couldn't buy a Yanmar copy of them.

On the contrary, the Bad Boy implements that were at the Farm Show looked to be their own design, and looked pretty good.

I guess time will tell how this will work out for Bad Boy.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Well, I suppose one good thing that might come from it, is that if the RK brand is TYM, which I believe it is, and Bad Boy is too (or as long as the Branson tractors share parts, which they very likely do) it may actually help parts availability and service for them.
I know when I was looking, the Branson prices were almost too good to be true, but no dealers anywhere near me, so that was a hard pass for me.

Hopefully Bad Boy did their own research before settling on Branson and a 7 year contract with them.

Reactions: Herminator and rtgt

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Hopefully Bad Boy did their own research before settling on Branson and a 7 year contract with them.
I can’t imagine what that contract looks like. ? The question is, how will Bad Boy differentiate their tractors from the rest of the pack? Black paint with orange highlights? Ship direct in a crate and you put it together? ?‍♂

Seems like a bad business plan, especially with all the new entrants in the compact market. I’d like to see the market research on market size over the next ten years.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The one thing about TYM you typically get a lot of for the price but as others have said service and support seem to be the biggest hurdle for them to overcome. For comparison a RK37HC is 26.5k, a Kioti CK35 roughly 30k and a JD3039R for about 37k for a cabbed HST with cab. On top of that they typically are coming with items standard that are additional options for JD such as teloscopic draft links and rear remotes.

I bleed green but I am the first to admit if I was buying new I probably wouldn't own one. It's hard to justify a cost of 5 or 10K just for some green paint. I buy them because I work on my own equipment and JD has really good tech manuals and parts availability. 10-15 years ago a lot of people gave LS and Kioti a slim to little chance of surviving the US market and now they are both pretty firmly established with owners that have been extremely satisfied with them.
I've owned farms and tractors since 1981 and I'd never heard of either of these tractor brands until just recently. I'd never touch anything but Deere myself. I once stood by a Belarus. looked like a real POS and videos of the Mahindra/RK look about the same to me.

Reactions: Big

·
Premium Member
11,846 Posts
Just like implements, there are those that don't see the value in a quality product and/or support for it. Some just think it is expensive paint.

Then again, now days there are a lot of people driving pickup trucks for commuter vehicles now that they have fancied them up to fit the high brow club. The CUT tractor market is likely going the same way.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'll pass on the Branson........both half's.

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
If you think Deere (and Kobuta) are over priced, search for 5-10 year old tractors and see how well the real brands hold their value compared to the monkey brands.
It's a major investment. Why not invest in a product that has proven to hold it's value?

·
Read Only
20 Posts

What do you think of New Holland tractors? I have some friends that have them and love them for their price.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts