Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IOW, I'm baaack. You've all been warned!!

I wanted to thank all who have been concerned about my hiatus. Trust me, I am fine. (Maybe a bit crazy, but fine!) Life has been pretty hectic, and time hasn't been my own much the last year or so. Hey, when you are a single gal, trying to hold down a full time job, and do some farming and ranching too, there isn't much free time to start with. Add a few extra demands on the time, and sometimes you are thankful if you get a couple of hour's of napping at night for sleep.

Currently, my garden is overgrown, and it is close to planting time here. I had hoped to hoe a little during a "lunch break" today, but had to change plans for that too. I needed a couple of bales of alfalfa for a horse that is not an easy keeper, and had planned to use the farm truck to get that tomorrow. However, weather guessers decided it is going to rain tomorrow. Oh, they'll likely be WRONG, but since I was almost down to raking the hay from the floor of the hay barn to feed alfalfa, (there is still plenty of coastal in the barn), I decided it would be prudent of me to get the hay today. With my luck lately, if I did not, it would only rain 5 minutes tomorrow, and it would be the 5 minutes I was driving with hay on the back of the truck.

So, it is chasing to rearrange schedules, and get to the next needed place, that has been the biggest factor in my absence.

I've missed y'all here, because, since my first day signing up with GTT, I have considered this my family. I've got some traveling coming up for business in the near future, but hope to be around somewhat regularly, even if not daily, if possible. I love y'all, and thanks again for the concern and warm welcomes back.

Now, enough of the sappy stuff. Let's get back to the FUN!

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
I'm super glad to see you posting again FG. You are an inspiration for many, including me. :thumbup1gif:

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm super glad to see you posting again FG. You are an inspiration for many, including me. :thumbup1gif:
Thanks, dieselshadow! I'm probably more of a bad example than inspiration though. I might even be a bad influence on myself! :laugh:

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
I'm probably more of a bad example than inspiration though. I might even be a bad influence on myself! :laugh:
Nah, I'd never believe that.

Ok, that may be true....... :hide:

·
Administrator
17,092 Posts

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts

·
Administrator
17,092 Posts

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
Let this be a lesson to the rest of y'all.

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dieselshadow's meme bring to mind the question....Do you know the difference between a brown noser and a sh*thead?

Depth perception!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Oh good. Farmgirl19 is back. Somebody has to keep the boys in line around here. Oh, wait.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
You were gone?

:lol:

Welcome back.:airplane:

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Enough of all this sentimental stuff. :nunu: Let's get to the important issue here:

HOW'S THE PLANE?
It's had some mods since I bought it. I replaced the wooden prop with a metal one, and added some fairings, etc. I guess when you own an Experimental airplane you are always tweaking things. But, the plane is great, and has been safely tucked away in its hangar for the winter months. She'll be coming to life soon!

·
Corndog Hater
11,111 Posts
Let this be a lesson to the rest of y'all.
Thanks for that, the image of that meme will be stuck in my head the rest of the night!

BTW Always good to see you back FG

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Glad you are back

Glad you have been fine and glad you are back. The crowd here has been a little surly while you were gone, time for us to shape up.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
7,573 Posts
Glad you have been fine and glad you are back. The crowd here has been a little surly while you were gone, time for us to shape up.

Treefarmer
Or not. :lol:

Mod's are gonna have to put in some overtime now.

Welcome back Farmgirl.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Welcome back FarmGirl.

Glad the plane is in fine shape. When I lived in Oshkosh it was fun to wander around and check out everything folks had built at EAA.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,701 Posts
Buttkisser
I agree kennyd, that's not what dieselshadow said last week. :lol:

Nice to see ya back on here farmgirl19.
When are ya leaving again? :lol:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts