Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, first post. I have a 2007 JD 2520, 925 hours, with a fair amount of loader work. It's been developing a minor leak from the front of the transmission over time, but it no longer can be ignored, leaks only in forward.When I say leaks it was a drop or 2 a day, but is actively pumping out now in forward, I believe the Valve Block that houses the directional control forward valve has cracked or is porous. oil squirts out below the left side of the Charge pump. Problem is I just split and re assembled the tractor, I replaced the charge pump rings cause I thought the main ring around the pump was the culprit but not so. I can now see the leak seems to be vertically inline with the forward directional valve. Anyone heard of / seen this? The valve block is $2000 and only 3 spares in the world apparently. I did not see a crack on the block when I had it apart. UGH.:banghead:

·
Administrator
17,541 Posts
Welcome,
If you'd like to change to a regular username vs your email address let me know via PM.

This is not a common issue, the 2520's and other machine in that series have been relatively bulletproof over the years.

·
Premium Member
7,586 Posts
Can the block be repaired? Maybe welded? If not, I would be looking for the part used from a tractor salvage yard, before paying $2K

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
First off, :gtfam:
Secondly, sorry about your 2520 issue! I haven't read or heard about the problem you have.
I have a 2009 2520 with only a mere:) 322 hours on the clock! The only issue I have had, or have is my steering cylinder has leaked now going on almost seven years! They are unserviceable according to JD, but there is a place in New Hampshire that will repair it!:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
11,393 Posts
First off, :gtfam:
Secondly, sorry about your 2520 issue! I haven't read or heard about the problem you have.
I have a 2009 2520 with only a mere:) 322 hours on the clock! The only issue I have had, or have is my steering cylinder has leaked now going on almost seven years! They are unserviceable according to JD, but there is a place in New Hampshire that will repair it!:thumbup1gif:
Can you share the name and number of the place that will repair these cylinders?

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
jgayman here is the info for the place in New Hampshire that will repair the steering cylinder!

Bill Curtis
Curtis Hydraulics
8 Industrial Drive
Hooksett, NH 03106

Phone: 603-622-7331

1 - 6 of 6 Posts