Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 1025R and am told the ballast box is backordered. Well isn't that great. I've got things to do and need the box. I'm almost (almost!) ready to order a Titan! Are these really that hard to come by? Do any dealers stock them? I guess I could call some others but I hate to.

Just venting, thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Most dealers stock them but just like anything stock can run low during peak season.

Do you have any other dealers that are within reasonable distance from you?

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
Yeah, I have a few. I might just call my dealer and tell him I'm going to look for one.
if u find one somewhere else-i would insist ur dealer go fetch it to his place for ya. at least u found it for them-right:good2:make them do the traveling for u.:munch:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if u find one somewhere else-i would insist ur dealer go fetch it to his place for ya. at least u found it for them-right:good2:make them do the traveling for u.:munch:
Well I called around to a few dealers. Two told me they had them on backorder as well! One dealer did have one however so I called my dealer to tell him I would just go get that one. As it turns out the original backordered box is due to be delivered to them tomorrow. My dealer actually did say if it doesn't show up he will drive to the other dealer and get it for me. That's not necessary but is another reason why I like my dealer.

So hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. Thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Glad you found one. They are a necessity with compact tractors. I ordered one earlier this year, when they had a coupon on them. But the coupon didn't help much, freight was $172 from dallas to pauls valley dealer. Not very happy over the freight bill.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ballast box

the John Deere ballast boxes where on back order til recently , think our dealer has got 6 in last few weeks

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have one...used a couple times with 450 pounds of sand in bags. I got the backhoe afterwards, so now it's in the garage and just sits there. Willing to sell it if anyone is interested. PM me if interested. Local pickup only of course...NE PA.

Mike

·
Registered
192 Posts
I believe the dealers should be legally responsible to sell this with any loader

Anyway - next you’ll need something to fill it with - have them fill it with some gravel for you considering the inconvenience- leave a few inches room at the top for carrying stuff

I filled mine a few inches below the rim and then also hang a few 43 lb suitcase weights off it - 3 point struggled to lift it and loader will go into bypass and the back end never lifts up - I bought the suitcase weights for my big tool rack - found the gravel in my box to be entirely sufficient - concrete would be heavier but just seems so... permanent

Some users drop some pvc pipes vertically into their ballast box before filling it and put yard tools etc in it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts