Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put it on today. Didn’t really fit with the cement and pvc pipes in the way. Had to persuade it a little. Perfect fit is not important, I’m not putting anymore cement in. I’m using it as a toolbox. Needed a place for my small gas can and hand tools. It will work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,837 Posts
Just put it on today. Didn’t really fit with the cement and pvc pipes in the way. Had to persuade it a little. Perfect fit is not important, I’m not putting anymore cement in. I’m using it as a toolbox. Needed a place for my small gas can and hand tools. It will work.
I like it Yank, that’s a good idea

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I finally got around to putting the extensions on my ballast box last year. You probably do not need the extra weight that the extra concrete would give you as you have a smaller tractor than I do. Mine weighed 1045 lbs after filling it with concrete. I have not used it since adding the concrete as I usually have my RFM on the rear and it weighs 1500#. However, it is handy to have if I need to work in a tight spot.

Dave

IMAG0450.jpg

·
Administrator
18,513 Posts
Nice job Yank :thumbup1gif: Glad to see that worked out for you.

Next time you take pics-hold your phone sideways with the home button on the right and they should post correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to thank Kenny for this idea. I was talking to him about my need for a toolbox. I ran some ideas by him, most were expensive. He asked me why I didn’t just do this. Worked out great. Toolbox and ballast box all in one. Thanks, Kenny.

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Added this to the "to do list". Nice Yank. What thickness did you go with on the added sides? Love it!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Added this to the "to do list". Nice Yank. What thickness did you go with on the added sides? Love it!:bigthumb:
That is a JD factory ballast box extension kit (BW15074).

Reactions: Yank and BigJim55

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
box 1.jpg

box 2.jpg

box 3.jpg

Had to see it without putting crick in my neck. :laugh:

Reactions: Gizmo2 and Yank
1 - 9 of 9 Posts