Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who out there has the extension on their JD ballast box? After seeing a picture of one (RandyM) in a post, it got me thinking about adding the extension on mine. I dont need any additional ballast but I am thinking about additional storage.

Does the extension fit tight enough so that i could seal it and make it semi water tight? Does deere offer a cover or would i have to fab something up? Right now i envision adding the extension, building/buying a cover, and adding some rear facing lights.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Does the extension fit tight enough so that i could seal it and make it semi water tight?
You may need to caulk it or use some kind of seal. The extension is fairly heavy sheet metal in two pieces that just bolt on.

Does deere offer a cover or would i have to fab something up? Right now i envision adding the extension, building/buying a cover, and adding some rear facing lights.

Thoughts?
As far as I know Deere does not offer a cover. Your own custom extension should be fairly easy for you to make yourself. Let me know if you may need further info.

Attachments

Reactions: decoria

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
It just so happened that my dealer supplied me with the extension without me ordering it. Like you I found I did not need the extra ballast. So I filled the space with my custom toolbox. I made mine out of aluminum. It just sits down in it. The air spring holds the cover closed as well as open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts