Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is Max Ballast weight for a 3046R. I would like to build my own Ballast Box with a cut off plastic 55 Gall. Drum. I need to know Max weight I should have for my tractor (with Cab.). Will I have to have hitch extenders for lift height?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I'm going to guess that no matter how heavy you make a 55 gal drum, you won't hit max ballast weight on the 3 point.

Reactions: MrTaz

·
Administrator
18,768 Posts
Proper ballasting is detailed in your loaders owners manual:

OMPXX10906

·
Premium Member
13,562 Posts
Proper ballasting is detailed in your loaders owners manual:

OMPXX10906
This should be your FIRST source for proper ballasting information. Keep in mind most of the information listed will be the minimum ballast required. The maximum ballast will be whatever your 3PH can lift. :)

You may not reach the minimum recommended weight with a cut-off 55 gallon barrel - depending on how much you cut off.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the reply’s. Duhh, I should have thought of the lift capacity of the 3 point. Can’t look in my owners manual. I’m in Iowa Tractors in Calif. Have a LOT of time here to sit and think about things to make or do with/for the tractor. Like use rare earth magnet (neodymium) and PVC Pipe with a flat cap as bottom to glue a 3 inch (17 Lb pull) magnet on or glue it to the side to make drink holder, thermos jug, etc. Might be OLD and not able to do much physically but the thinker is cranking 18 hrs a day. Be well guys.

·
Administrator
18,768 Posts
... Can’t look in my owners manual. I’m in Iowa Tractors in Calif...
I provided a link to the online version in my reply above.

Reactions: JD4044M
1 - 7 of 7 Posts