Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Strange issue: I have 10 hours on my 1026R and have used it with the loader and ballast box before. Today I was moving some topsoil and the ballast box started moving down about an inch then up again about every 3 to 5 seconds. It was oscillating.

And when I shut the tractor off, the box dropped to the ground which it hadn't done before. When I start the tractor, up it comes. These are all new developments. There is fluid in my transmission and no changes to the tractor.

And words of advice?
Leo

·
Administrator
22,228 Posts
Sounds to me like your rockshaft either needs adjustment or replacing by your dealer. Not much you can do with it, especially under warranty. Have you tried closing your rate of drop valve all the way? If it stays up with the RODV closed, then we can positively say there's an issue within the rockshaft assembly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went out this morning and it worked perfectly like it should. My dealer said to lower the 3PH lever down about an inch and see if the oscillation stopped. Haven't been able to determine anything yet. Wondering if warmed up there is an issue.

Thanks for your response. If it happens again, I will try your suggestion.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Doesn't the 1026 have some type of level control on the 3 points that my 2305 does not?

Sounds like something is out of whack and trying to set the level incorrectly.

You can expect your weight box to creep down SLOWLY but its nothing that should really be happening fast.

I usually lower my 3 point at the end of the day but if I forget it will drop almost all the way to the ground overnight.

I suppose if you have something wrong and its seeping down faster than it should the level control is cycling it back up.

·
Administrator
22,228 Posts
The 1026R has a position control 3PH, while the 1023E has a regular scv lever control just like the 2305.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Well I would assume ( you know what they say about that) being out of adjustment or faulty could make that cycle.

Dunno

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was there ever any resolution on this? I had a heavy lift hooked to my 1026r over the weekend and it started oscillating about ~1". I found if it pushed a little (by hand to take the "slop" out) on what seems to be the rock shaft feedback arm it would stop. This arm had some adjustment nuts to it, so I just adjusted it in the direction i was pushing by hand and it stopped and hasn't done it again.

I need to order a service manual to have on hand. Mine is under warranty, but some issues are not worth going without the tractor for a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.