Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after seeing some other ideas here I finally set up my ballast box to make it easier for when I am in the woods. I emptied all the rocks I had in there which were larger rock. They were plenty heavy but if I put a chain in there or other tools they tended to fall into the rocks and get wedged in. Once empty I made a scabbard for my chainsaw out of wood and attached. Then I put in 3 PVC pipes for my hatchet, axe and splitting mall. Then I started filling with large rocks, pea rock and river rock to fill in all the little spaces. Once I got near the top I had a tool box that I mounted to a piece of plywood that was larger than the tool box. This way as I filled the rest of the rock in it anchored the tool box. I left enough room at the top for chains and other small items. Not in the pictures but I leave one of the handles up on the iMatch hitch and hang my Stihl helmet on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Stuff like this always makes me jealous and almost makes me want to empty the rocks out of my ballast box and build something like this. Because this is really cool!

But then I remember that I'm super lazy. If I were not, I would be mowing with a push mower and getting fit. But instead I own two tractors. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not in the pictures but I leave one of the handles up on the iMatch hitch and hang my Stihl helmet on it.
Isn't that potentially hazardous leaving one of the BB mounting points unsecured? Or did I misunderstand?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't that potentially hazardous leaving one of the BB mounting points unsecured? Or did I misunderstand?
There is so much weight I guess I was thinking it would be ok as I don’t really lower the BB but maybe it would be better to make a hook of some kind and hang from the ROPS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts