Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing major. Found an old chainsaw scabbard and attached it to the ballast box. Nothing fancy, two bolts and two nuts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Great addition. I run with my saw on top of the box. Last Fall I was moving a bit fast and actually knocked the saw off (new Stihl MS 261). I didn't know that until I backed up and suddenly one rear wheel went way high. Tends to do that when you back over your saw :banghead: Luckily only the bar break guide and handle broke. Still not cheap to fix. Smart move your solution and something I need as well. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to give an update to something in these pictures. I had another member ask me about the pins on the ballast box being installed backwards. He is right, they are. When I received my tractor and attachments from the dealer, this is how they installed them. All the pins on my other attachments were installed correctly. I thought that maybe one of their new guys made a mistake. I posted pics of of my ballast box pvc tube install several months ago and several of our members noticed the mistake also. We also discussed how everyone hated how the ballast box would slide from side to side while working the tractor. I realized mine didn’t do that. So, just for experiments sake, I turned them around to see the difference. Sure enough, having them on backwards was much better. I called my dealer and found out they do this intentionally. Something you guys might want to try to see how it works for you. You do have to be a little more exact when hooking it up to the quick hitch, but once it’s on, it’s solid as a rock, no sliding.

·
Premium Member
13,859 Posts
I wanted to give an update to something in these pictures. I had another member ask me about the pins on the ballast box being installed backwards. He is right, they are. When I received my tractor and attachments from the dealer, this is how they installed them. All the pins on my other attachments were installed correctly. I thought that maybe one of their new guys made a mistake. I posted pics of of my ballast box pvc tube install several months ago and several of our members noticed the mistake also. We also discussed how everyone hated how the ballast box would slide from side to side while working the tractor. I realized mine didn’t do that. So, just for experiments sake, I turned them around to see the difference. Sure enough, having them on backwards was much better. I called my dealer and found out they do this intentionally. Something you guys might want to try to see how it works for you. You do have to be a little more exact when hooking it up to the quick hitch, but once it’s on, it’s solid as a rock, no sliding.
I have been planning on trying my pins like that since you first posted this awhile back. Warmer weather and I'm definitely going to try it. :good2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts