Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got another chance to weight in my Ballast box. The reading is 679 lb (without anything else).

I usually put 3 Grade 70 chain (20', 15' and 5') and two landscape tools with it. Total should be over 700 lb for sure. It is very heavy and stable for me so far. I also found the H120 could pick it up without issue. I am ready to move forward on my project for the summer now.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had no idea what a difference ballast would make until I used it. I called my sales rep afterwards and told him he should be selling those things to anyone buying a loader. Not sure why he doesn't. Probably he never used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought one last week for my 1025. I am using 100lb tractor weights so I can add weight as needed. I have 6 weights now which is plenty for what I am going to do. I was using a 31gal trash can filled with concrete.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ballast Box come with H120 loader on my deal

For me, Ballast box come with the loader as package (I know somewhere it charge me).

I personally don't want to use the RC2048 as Ballast while I am doing the FEL or Pallet fork work.

I had no idea what a difference ballast would make until I used it. I called my sales rep afterwards and told him he should be selling those things to anyone buying a loader. Not sure why he doesn't. Probably he never used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
chang50012-
I am ready to move forward on my project for the summer now.
so-chang-what u gonna name ur project "a thru z":lol: keep us posted-ok:good2:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could not move it so 1025R come to help

Last time when I cut some big tree, I end up pay some tractor work just to move some logs to our barn because it is just too heavy.

Not this time.

chang50012- so-chang-what u gonna name ur project "a thru z":lol: keep us posted-ok:good2:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Last time when I cut some big tree, I end up pay some tractor work just to move some logs to our barn because it is just too heavy.

Not this time.
wow-we-that is a big peice of firewood for sure. could u have got someone to mill that tree for u-would of made wonderful size boards.:thumbup1gif::munch:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would think it would be higher than that with concrete. I thought that was around the sand filled weight but even the specs for the weight of the empty box are all over the place so who knows.

I put sand in mine and can place 42 lb suitcase weights on top of the sand to get more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts