Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my ballast box. Nothing special. Four bags of Portland cement. One 4 inch and two 2 inch pvc pipes. No idea what it weighs.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
Nice!

But, your iMatch bushings are on backwards Yank, the larger part goes to the outside like this:

IMG_5760.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Nice!

But, your iMatch bushings are on backwards Yank, the larger part goes to the outside like this:

View attachment 477570
I think Yank is just running with the bushings loose and with the bushing flanges pointing inboard it will keep him from losing them along the way.....

But hey - what do I know..... I could be wrong....

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You want to know something funny, Ken. That’s the one set of bushings the dealership put on for me.

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
You want to hear something funny... the way my ballast box suddenly shifts from side to side when travelling over rough terrain (even slowly) I'm half tempted to try putting my bushings on backwards. The large spacer towards the inside might just keep the side shifting to a minimum. Hmmmmm.....

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well then, maybe my dealership service department are the geniuses they think they are. :lolol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,149 Posts
You want to hear something funny... the way my ballast box suddenly shifts from side to side when travelling over rough terrain (even slowly) I'm half tempted to try putting my bushings on backwards. The large spacer towards the inside might just keep the side shifting to a minimum. Hmmmmm.....
:thumbup1gif: I saw that and immediately thought the same EXACT thing. You go first. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love to say that this was my ingenious idea, but I can’t. Maybe this will be the new fad. Kinda like wearing your pants around your knees.:mocking:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,149 Posts
I would love to say that this was my ingenious idea, but I can’t. Maybe this will be the new fad. Kinda like wearing your pants around your knees.:mocking:
Not so sure about the pants deal but...:lol:

Come to think of it, I have never seen installation instruction for these bushings. Just maybe we all have them on wrong. :dunno:
I do know the movement I have with the ballast box on drives me nuts.

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts

Come to think of it, I have never seen installation instruction for these bushings. Just maybe we all have them on wrong. :dunno:
As I was reading all this I really started to wonder because I have them on 3 implements and not sure I remember reading how to put them on:dunno:

:lol:

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ballast holder

Yank,
Nice ballast box!! Did we reach concenious about the orientation of the bushings (12 out of 13 posts)??

Here is my recently completed ballast holder (the paint still has an odor). It does not have any bushings!!

Here it is before the ballast is loaded. The yellow panel prevents ballast loss from sudden stops. 1-100_6055.JPG
The first row of ballast (4x8x16 solid blocks)
2-100_6058.JPG
All 24 blocks installed and weight information labeled for quick refference.
4-100_6065.JPG
In position on the carry all.
3-100_6062.JPG

Ballast blocks can be re-arranged to install tubes for additional storage if needs change. The top layer can be removed to add a tool tray as others have done on their ballast boxes.

Total calculated weight of all attachments on 3pt hitch is 888 lbs

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That looks great, Nebraska. Really awesome. People on this site come up with some great ideas. I was surprised I only got four 94 pound bags of cement in my box. Seemed like most people got more in. Maybe I mixed mine too thin.

Reactions: pcabe5 and PJR832

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

According to the instructions I got with my bushings, the OP's bushing are on backwards. And come to think of it, with the large diameter out it's the only way to get the holes for the split pins to lineup with the hole in the stub welded to the box so the pin can be driven home to hold the bushings in place.

Next time I go out to the shop I'll see if I can dig up the original package/instructions.
[/I]

Reactions: PJR832 and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Yank,
Nice ballast box!! Did we reach concenious about the orientation of the bushings (12 out of 13 posts)??

Here is my recently completed ballast holder (the paint still has an odor). It does not have any bushings!!

Here it is before the ballast is loaded. The yellow panel prevents ballast loss from sudden stops. View attachment 478826
The first row of ballast (4x8x16 solid blocks)
View attachment 478834
All 24 blocks installed and weight information labeled for quick refference.
View attachment 478842
In position on the carry all.
View attachment 478858

Ballast blocks can be re-arranged to install tubes for additional storage if needs change. The top layer can be removed to add a tool tray as others have done on their ballast boxes.

Total calculated weight of all attachments on 3pt hitch is 888 lbs
That's one beautiful setup, very nice. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: PJR832
1 - 20 of 35 Posts