Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has experience with Heavy Hitch (HH) Category 1 Heavy Duty Hitch & Suitcase Weight Cart (cart)?

I recently purchased a HH category 1 hitch and 8 each of their 41# and 70# weights and a bushing kit to align with my JD I-Match hitch. The HH product seems to be of high quality and is as advertised. I have come to realize that some kind of cart to handle the hitch and weights when they are not on my 2032R, would be beneficial.
HH advertises a HHCCHD: Category 1 Heavy Duty Hitch & Suitcase Weight Cart for $ 375. I am seeking input from anyone with experience with this product to the following questions: is the cart:
well constructed?
easy to use?
worth the money?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I have the cart for my HH weight bracket. It is very well constructed and super simple to use. It rolls around my shop floor very easily. For me personally, it was worth the money especially being made in the US. Every product I have purchased from them is top quality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the cart for my HH weight bracket. It is very well constructed and super simple to use. It rolls around my shop floor very easily. For me personally, it was worth the money especially being made in the US. Every product I have purchased from them is top quality.
Great! Thanks for your timely response. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
If you want a nice easy way to store your weights and bracket, it's a definite must have and definitely worth the money. I wouldn't be with out one.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
132 Posts
I have 8 42lb and 6 70lb suitcase weights. I wish the HH cart had another bar on it to hold the extra weights. With the cart holding the heavy hitch + 8 weights I need the extra bar to hold the other 6 weights. I'm thinking of fabbing the extra bar and welding it on there myself, but I have too many projects going right now.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Premium Member
6,128 Posts
The cart is stout and as well built as the weight bracket. HH and everything they build is high quality.

·
Premium Member
2020 2038R w220R MSL
177 Posts
The cart is a real time saver especially if you have a quick hitch. When you want to hook up a 3 pt attachment, you can just slide the cart attaching bracket in the HH receiver and drop the HH with the weights attached. Then you can easily roll the cart around.

Without the cart, you have to remove each weight and then unpin the HH. The single row basic HH weighs 45 lbs so its aa little ackwad to handle. The cart weighs 39 lbs. (I weighed my tractor a month or so ago and weighed this stuff then.)

I use it with eight 42 lb weights and have them turned around so the weight is forward. this way the nestle inside the iMatch and don't stick out rearward. iMatch, HH, and eight weights are right at 450 lbs, so its a nice bit of ballast that is very unobtrusive.

·
Premium Member
6,128 Posts
The cart is a real time saver especially if you have a quick hitch. When you want to hook up a 3 pt attachment, you can just slide the cart attaching bracket in the HH receiver and drop the HH with the weights attached. Then you can easily roll the cart around.

Without the cart, you have to remove each weight and then unpin the HH. The single row basic HH weighs 45 lbs so its aa little ackwad to handle. The cart weighs 39 lbs. (I weighed my tractor a month or so ago and weighed this stuff then.)

I use it with eight 42 lb weights and have them turned around so the weight is forward. this way the nestle inside the iMatch and don't stick out rearward. iMatch, HH, and eight weights are right at 450 lbs, so its a nice bit of ballast that is very unobtrusive.
RS,
Do you happen to have a picture of that setup? Will 70 lb weights fit that way?

·
Registered
77 Posts
RS,
Do you happen to have a picture of that setup? Will 70 lb weights fit that way?

I don’t have a picture of it on the cart, but I plug the cart into the receiver and lower the 3 point and I can push the entire setup around my pole barn by hand. Incredibly easy and just as handy!

There are 42lb weights facing the front and 70lb weights on the back. If your question is whether or not the 70’s would fit facing forward, I believe they will but I don’t think you’d be able to take the HH rack off of the iMatch without removing the forward facing 70’s by hand first.

·
Premium Member
6,128 Posts
View attachment 783428

I don’t have a picture of it on the cart, but I plug the cart into the receiver and lower the 3 point and I can push the entire setup around my pole barn by hand. Incredibly easy and just as handy!

There are 42lb weights facing the front and 70lb weights on the back. If your question is whether or not the 70’s would fit facing forward, I believe they will but I don’t think you’d be able to take the HH rack off of the iMatch without removing the forward facing 70’s by hand first.
That’s exactly what I’m asking

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd like to know also.

On a related subject, all eight 70# weights will fit on the front of the HH, but the outer most MIGHT not clear the 3ph. To my understanding this is tractor model dependent. I bought 12 70# and 4 42# with may HH in case this is an issue on my tractor.

An yes, the cart is VERY nicely built. Nice welds, nice paint, Chinese but appear high quality casters, threaded holes to mount casters paint free... Not inexpensive, but REALLY nice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That’s exactly what I’m asking
I’m currently away from home babysitting a helicopter. When I get back home I will see about getting you a concrete answer if no one else has beat me to it, sorry.

·
Premium Member
6,128 Posts
I’m currently away from home babysitting a helicopter. When I get back home I will see about getting you a concrete answer if no one else has beat me to it, sorry.
No hurry
I have plenty of ballast. I also have plenty of thick steel I’m working on making into weights

These are I beam ends I cut off some shoring projects on a couple sites. They weigh a lot. Enough to sag my rear leaf springs on my pickup. I’m working up the gumption to make some simple weights for a HH and cart I haven’t done anything with.

·
Premium Member
2020 2038R w220R MSL
177 Posts
Here are a couple of photos of the single row HH with 8 42# weights.

This is the setup I use for daily activities. I switch to a 700# ballast box when doing heavy lifting.

One more thought and getting back to the HH cart topic. I don't think you can use the weights in this position without using the cart. I've not tried this, but there likely isn't space to lift the weights off the HH when tucked into the iMatch. For that reason you wouldn't need to secure the weights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts