Green Tractor Talk banner

Ballast Weight

3676 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  eepete
Sorry to re-hash this but I am still not totally clear on how much I need (I know, JD recommends about a kagillion). My understanding is that the loader assembly weighs 605 lbs. My tires are not loaded but I have a JD ballast box filled with portland cement. I also have an I-Match. The combined wight is ? I do not do significant loader work (a little top soil or gravel from time to time) but I have read that if not properly balanced, it can be hard on the 4 wheel mechanism.

Thoughts?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Ron,

I use this spreadsheet as a guide. In fact, almost all my loader work is either horse manure or wood mulch for my bride's flower beds and I leave the HeavyHitch on. I figure I have just over 400 lbs back there with that set up...HeavyHitch (approx 30-35 lbs) + iMatch (65 lbs) + 8 suitcase weights at 42 lbs (336 lbs). Again, that works for me but everyone has different needs or requirements. When the occasion arises for us to move dirt, I do put on our BB (610 lbs). And as you said, that may not be enough. Which I understand and seldom fill or overfill my 53" bucket.

Doug

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.