Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of interesting about harvesting bananas. I did not realize it was mostly hand work. Very little automation here.

Dave

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/_l7sak6Vlq8?rel=0[/video]

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hoya,

Bananas!

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Hoya,

Bananas!
You know, I never watched those minions and never really knew what that was all about.. Funny, I will not give it away.. :nunu::nunu:

I also never realized how much was involved with Bananas either! Used to pick our own in Jamaica but not at that rate! Very interesting..

·
Old Pa-pa
11,423 Posts
This is kind of interesting about harvesting bananas. I did not realize it was mostly hand work. Very little automation here.

Dave

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/_l7sak6Vlq8?rel=0[/video]
Dang, that manual labor intensive, we're lucky bananas don't cost $10 a piece!:lol:

Really interesting.:good2:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I did some IT work for Chiquita when their HQ was still in Cincinnati back in the late 90's. Learned a lot about bananas... and about went bananas dealing with a couple of the people there! :laugh:

I didn't watch the OP's video so forgive me if this is shown in there. Chiquita had their own ships to transport the fruit from the tropics to the various markets. They were shipped in containers that had the air purged and replaced with some inert gas (nitrogen?) to stop the ripening process enroute.

Thursday was "banana day" and everyone in the company got a bunch of bananas to take home. After work, on the street, you could spot all the Chiquita employees carrying their bananas home!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I watched the whole thing..... You don't know what you missed.:laugh:

Dave

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
You watched the whole thing? Congrats I think, I only made it a couple of minutes in. :flag_of_truce: :laugh:
It was like a movie Clint Eastwood made once. Something...black heart something or other. Being a Clint movie, wife and I thought it was going to be good. Watched the whole thing waiting for it to get good. Never did. Total waste of our time. Wife asked me what it was all about. I told her I had no idea. That's what I was doing on that video...waiting to find out what was going on. Kept checking on the time to see if I was missing something. I thought it was just going into replay after it was done but...nope the time said it was still the original video. It was April 1st. Chalk it up to...I've been had. :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts