1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
I'd like it better if the weight were lower, but still it's a good DIY rear ballast and great way to re-source an old weight set, just get the weight lower and it's :good2:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cover photo shows it mounted on the top receiver.
It can also be mounted in the lower position.

If you click on the "more images" at bottom of photo, you'll see more examples.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
There's a GTT member only about 20 miles north of me that utilized barbells. In think he goes by pickupman. Great resource until you can afford something else.

Wheel weight compatibility

·
Registered
105 Posts
There's a GTT member only about 20 miles north of me that utilized barbells. In think he goes by pickupman. Great resource until you can afford something else.

Wheel weight compatibility
My ears were burning......
Lol
I have since moved up a little. Omni has a competitor to the heavy hitch and mine is outfitted with 8 42# weights. With quick hitch I’m over 400#. Not bad. But not yet “there”. This setup is newer to me but seems to help a lot. However. I haven’t given up my free weights. I use a curling bar mounted on a Clevis in the hitch of my weight rack. I’m easily over 500# at that point. Going to come in handy when I take off my THIRD Silverado truck bed. Living in Ohio means you can’t be a Chevy guy....or you can but you better paint you frame yearly!

8 more years and I’ll be super duty shopping!

Jd forever we should meet up sometime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
The cover photo shows it mounted on the top receiver.
It can also be mounted in the lower position.

If you click on the "more images" at bottom of photo, you'll see more examples.
My bad, then in that case, I like it even better. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
733 Posts
My weight box is filled with old barbells and disc brake rotors.

I can relate to that... My ballast box is loaded with a mix of sand, exercise machine weight plates and rotors. Enough weight that if I try to pick it up without the loader on the front, the front end gets awfully light..

·
Premium Member
13,934 Posts
My weight box is filled with old barbells and disc brake rotors.
I've used barbell weights and old rotors for ballast for years.

Barbell fits the rear quick hitch using it for ballast when I'm using front blade or front snowblower.

When using the rear tiller, barbell fits on the curved lip for the quick hitch connection.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey! First one to comment on that.
I commend yer effort, but, wrong....ya got 2/3rds correct :cheers:

Cranky is incorrect.
Crazy

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crazy

Most around here would agree, :crazy: but, wrong.

CHEAP OLD BASSTURD !

COB is well known in my circle of owning old motor scooters......... specifically --- Shovelheads

Now, if I wasn't huntin for second hand barbell weights, they'd be layin in the ditches everwhere I went. But a quick search with Craig has led me to not much out there.
Have to start keeping a keen eye out for yard sale signs I reckon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Most around here would agree, :crazy: but, wrong.

CHEAP OLD BASSTURD !

COB is well known in my circle of owning old motor scooters......... specifically --- Shovelheads

Now, if I wasn't huntin for second hand barbell weights, they'd be layin in the ditches everwhere I went. But a quick search with Craig has led me to not much out there.
Have to start keeping a keen eye out for yard sale signs I reckon.
Hahaha. Well. I guess I’m a COB then. At the ripe age of 27. Ha.

Yeah that’s the way it goes usually.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
My ears were burning......
Lol
I have since moved up a little. Omni has a competitor to the heavy hitch and mine is outfitted with 8 42# weights. With quick hitch I’m over 400#. Not bad. But not yet “there”. This setup is newer to me but seems to help a lot. However. I haven’t given up my free weights. I use a curling bar mounted on a Clevis in the hitch of my weight rack. I’m easily over 500# at that point. Going to come in handy when I take off my THIRD Silverado truck bed. Living in Ohio means you can’t be a Chevy guy....or you can but you better paint you frame yearly!

8 more years and I’ll be super duty shopping!

Jd forever we should meet up sometime!

Hey what ever works :good2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts