Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My electrician has been good tome over the years. we work well together help each other out when needed and don't keep score on the personal stuff. A few years back he built a barn/storage building and left a hole inn the side of it for some entry doors. A lot of his contractor friends helped with various stages of construction and he has been using it for a while. His cabinet maker friend was supposed to make the doors but never did. He asked me to but I was always to busy. This spring business was dead and I decided to do it while I had the time. They are mortise and tenon mahogany 2x frames with 5/4 decking shiplapped board panels. The doors are 34" x 83" and weigh about 140 lbs each. My son was home for a week and helped me out yesterday installing the whole thing.
DSC_1495.JPG This is a door all put together for a test fitting. They were then disassembled and all the panel pieces and openings were oiled and wiped off. Then glued up with two kinds of waterproof glue.

Al''s doors installed.JPG

Now when somebody good comes along could you please rotate these pictures , I am clueless how to do that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
That is some really nice work. I need some friends like you.

·
Super Moderator
5,097 Posts
Oooooooooo! I'm rebuilding a shed in the back yard come fall. You wanna make me a set of those? Them's purdy! :good2:

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
My electrician has been good tome over the years. we work well together help each other out when needed and don't keep score on the personal stuff. A few years back he built a barn/storage building and left a hole inn the side of it for some entry doors. A lot of his contractor friends helped with various stages of construction and he has been using it for a while. His cabinet maker friend was supposed to make the doors but never did. He asked me to but I was always to busy. This spring business was dead and I decided to do it while I had the time. They are mortise and tenon mahogany 2x frames with 5/4 decking shiplapped board panels. The doors are 34" x 83" and weigh about 140 lbs each. My son was home for a week and helped me out yesterday installing the whole thing.
View attachment 405842 This is a door all put together for a test fitting. They were then disassembled and all the panel pieces and openings were oiled and wiped off. Then glued up with two kinds of waterproof glue.

View attachment 405858

Now when somebody good comes along code you please rotate these pictures , I am clueless how to do that.

Very nice looking doors,,great job :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Beautiful craftsmanship. Any tractor would be proud to reside in that building.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Gorgeous Manomet. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Great job. Looks good. I've yet to make doors but made plenty of frames and stuff

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Very nice . . . Thanks for posting.

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Those are awesome !!!! I like mahogany !!!! :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts