Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I was able to locate a 1966 110 that had been put away due to a blown head gasket. We believe it has been sitting for 25 years. A 30" tiller was attached. I aired up the tires and rolled it out of the barn. After a little negotiating with the owner I was able to bring it home. Installed a new battery, replaced the head gasket and cleaned off the dust and grease. I plan on keeping it original, but when you see a fully restored one it can be very appealing.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wow great find! Always wanted one of these old round fenders! You going to redo the head gasket yourself or send to a repair shop? I have a 1972 112 with bad compression that i was thinking of rebuilding myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, already done. You can go on the Koehler engine web site and locate the torque pattern and torque specs. I found the gasket at a small engine repair shop here in town. I had to make a few adjustments to the variable speed and brake. Runs great!

·
Administrator
21,130 Posts
Wow! It's in great shape. A real survivor. I would keep it all original. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Nice find. I picked a 65 up this summer. Hood was pretty beat.

Timmy, pretty easy rebuild.

Reactions: Fozsey

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Surprisingly I haven't taken many.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Awesome.

I’d love to find a Round Fender JD110H. The hydraulic lift would be very handy with my 71 planter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow J3 how cool is that planter. I might have a lead on a H. I don't know if it's a 110 H or 120 H. I might be able to check this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts