Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're repainting walls and ceiling, and refinishing the oak floor in our master bedroom.

In removing the base molding I installed some 20+ years ago, I struggled with replacing or refinishing. I went both ways and finally decided to replace it . . . with my own.

This Ash molding is ready for final finishing . . . all 72' against the 57' required.

Automotive tire Wood Workbench Gas Engineering
Wood Plastic bottle Gas Engineering Vacuum flask
Wood Beam Composite material Hardwood Engineering
Wood Rectangle Table Floor Flooring

I used less desirable slabs to make the two piece molding above.

· Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Applied first coat of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal over a single coat of their 'Nutmeg' Gel Stain. The Arm-R-Seal shown in these pictures was just applied and will dry 12 hrs minimum before I apply the second coat. Once dry the finish will have settled down to 'Satin'.

Table Wood Flooring Desk Floor
Table Wood Wood stain Flooring Rectangle

· Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Giz's mantra.

Hope it works well for you. Keep us updated.
dianedebuda ~ Well Tuesday I had the first of three injections. Wednesday morning I woke with no pain in the left knee or ankle area as I had been experiencing for years.

Oh I still have stiffness when I first get-up to walk and the leg gets tired of walking . . . but nothing like before. Honestly, it is great at this time.

Reactions: driveshaft

· Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Base molding is done for now . . . I've set it aside to wait completion of the floor refinishing. I'll need my miter saw which is on the fritz . . . the on/off switch in the handle stopped working. I was able to get it to work for a limited time at first, now it just won't work.

I've ordered and received three wrong parts now from eReplacement Parts. Monday the latest goes back for a credit. I did find another source so I'm waiting on them to see if they have the correct part.

· Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well so far I'm still waiting on a part, . . . the on/off switch. I gave up on eReplacement Parts after three wrong switches and found another company with them and placed an order . . . which I'm waiting on the receipt.

Long time without the use of that saw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.