Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally finished the basement flooring project, which I had planned to do before we moved in, but life situations prevented that from happening. I was able to hire one of our students to help, and he really did a great job.

Tomorrow we'll take a drive to my son's place to borrow his brad nailer to reinstall the floor and door trim. My wife will paint most of the walls, and I am going to install some paneling were the kitchen will be.

With the floor done, we can turn our attention to installing kitchen and storage cabinets, adding a fireplace and buying furniture. Once the room is done we anticipate using it as a family room--a place where the grandkids can "hang out" when they are here.

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Lookin good! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Came out nice.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,385 Posts
Looks good 356. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Is that snap in laminate? Looks good. Happy Birthday.

·
Registered
570 Posts
New flooring is always nice-er. When the job was done and I was driving away. :good2:

Some friendly mentions.
A little prevention is worth a ton of cure. The area in front of outside access doors (potentially wet/standing moisture) should be one piece of substrate, and/or cement backer/tile/marble at minimum extending one foot beyond step-in/door-swing, to avoid moisture under the product, and stay off tracking beyond. If the sub-base is concrete, other measures of moisture prevention are necessary.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that snap in laminate? Looks good. Happy Birthday.
Vinyl plank snap flooring designed for concrete basements. We were planning on laminate but based on average room humidity and use, were talked into this product, which is well suited for our application.

·
Registered
825 Posts
A few years back we had 1000 sq.ft of premium vinyl that is 100% waterproof installed in the house and It has exceeded our expectations.

Watch out for vinyl flooring stating water resistant, it contains organic materials that will not hold up to water or humidity.

Good luck on getting the trim put back up, good day for it, heavier rain moving in this afternoon and a forecast of snow overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Vinyl plank snap flooring designed for concrete basements. We were planning on laminate but based on average room humidity and use, were talked into this product, which is well suited for our application.
Looks awesome! We also used vinyl plank in our basement, IMO easier than laminate and far more durable.

You said you are planning on painting, I would recommend paint before reinstalling the trim, as then you don't have to tape it off or worry about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts