Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this project 8 years ago. After about a year into the project, I got in a fight with the table saw (I lost) and didn't have much ambition to continue after that. Well...I finally decided to dedicate some time and resources into finishing the project. I started working on it seriously again about 6 months ago. I set a goal of having it finished by New Year's Eve. Well...I met my goal and it came out a lot nicer than I was expecting. I'm extremely pleased with the finished look and my wife and I even hosted a New Year's party. Here's the finished look.

Basement 1.jpg

Basement 2.jpg

Basement 3.jpg

Basement 4.jpg

Basement 5.jpg

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
BEEEEautiful! :bigthumb: Those couches look real comfy & it looks like a great place to party!! We'll all be right over! :hi:

I like the wood work, especially the way you did the support pole casing and the flooring. Is the TV wiring hidden behind the wall its mounted on?

Is that a cassette tape i see on the half wall ledge in the foreground of the one pic??!! :unknown:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! The couches are pretty comfortable, the beer is usually plentiful (and cold), and at times the smoker will be rolling. Great gathering place for sure. The TV wiring is hidden behind the wall as well is the satellite receiver. That is not a cassette tape you see. I believe it may be one of my drink coasters that got cut in 1/2 by the camera. :laugh:

BEEEEautiful! :bigthumb: Those couches look real comfy & it looks like a great place to party!! We'll all be right over! :hi:

I like the wood work, especially the way you did the support pole casing and the flooring. Is the TV wiring hidden behind the wall its mounted on?

Is that a cassette tape i see on the half wall ledge in the foreground of the one pic??!! :unknown:

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
I started this project 8 years ago. After about a year into the project, I got in a fight with the table saw (I lost) and didn't have much ambition to continue after that. Well...I finally decided to dedicate some time and resources into finishing the project. I started working on it seriously again about 6 months ago. I set a goal of having it finished by New Year's Eve. Well...I met my goal and it came out a lot nicer than I was expecting. I'm extremely pleased with the finished look and my wife and I even hosted a New Year's party. Here's the finished look.

View attachment 665166

View attachment 665168

View attachment 665170

View attachment 665172

View attachment 665174
Boy that looks nice! Did you raise your safe for flooding reasons? That is a lot of wood wall to do in I think Pine? I put Pine up the other direction in my Daughters Shops show room. After a while it was fun and fast to put up. Just had to figure spacing for the boards keeping splices staggered right. Good Job on yours is that a burnt wood finish if so that is hard to do that light and even!

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,679 Posts
Real nice and clean work!

How much does that safe weigh? It's not sitting on the floor is it?

Oh yeah, where's the kegerator?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Great job. Already to play poker to. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I'll be honest. Out of every thing I've ever touched in my life from metal fabrication machines, to saw, to firearms to motors, building and working in a very non OSHA friendly chemical plant...nothing scares me more than a table saw. I have one because sometimes it's needed however I hate the damn thing. I dread using it and will try to come up with every conceivable way to not use it and get away with a miter saw and multiple cuts or a sawzall, reciprocating saw, hell a hack saw....i hate breaking out the table saw.

Nice work on the basement. I've finished one for my parents when I was 17. I predict in the next few years my wife will want ours done.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Nice job BigK :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Looks great. Like the woodwork.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boy that looks nice! Did you raise your safe for flooding reasons? That is a lot of wood wall to do in I think Pine? I put Pine up the other direction in my Daughters Shops show room. After a while it was fun and fast to put up. Just had to figure spacing for the boards keeping splices staggered right. Good Job on yours is that a burnt wood finish if so that is hard to do that light and even!
Thanks! The safe is still attached to the original pallet it came on. I added casters underneath to make it easier to move if and when needed. When I got done with everything else, I had some leftover T&G Pine and decided to do a quick and dirty "skirt" around the safe just to help it match and not look out of place. So yes...it is pine and I used a torch to burn it myself and then just put on a couple coats of polyurethane to seal it. Started with light burning at first and then darkened some up for contrast. I really like it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Real nice and clean work!

How much does that safe weigh? It's not sitting on the floor is it?

Oh yeah, where's the kegerator?
Thanks! Can't remember how much the safe weighs. It's still attached to the pallet it arrived on and I just added casters to make it easier to move. I'm not worried about it being on the floor. I used LifeProof Flooring from Home Depot. I looked at numerous floors and in my opinion this was by far the best option for my basement. It's a little pricey, but I figured you get what you pay for. Oh yeah...no kegerator. I'm fat enough! I don't need any more help with that! :lol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
Like Zach said, real nice, clean work. Thanks for sharing the pics:good2:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Looks great!
Love the color of the flooring too. I need that in my reloading room.

Im no fan of a table saw myself, as my Grandfather had a few "run ins" with his, as did I.
None too serious though.
Anything with a moving blade is pretty darn dangerous, but for some reason the table saw seems like the worst offender. Maybe because they can do so much damage so quickly.
Chainsaws are way worse though, as my knee will attest. :laugh:
Wasnt funny at the time, but I laugh about it now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts