Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a basic video but when I was trying to decide on the TLB or not I really had no idea about what the 260 could do. This video shows all the movements, with the controls and hopefully can help someone trying to understand the capabilities of this small but versatile backhoe. Even watching this I am always surprised as how much of a swing and range this has. Hope you enjoy if you have a moment to watch.

Best wishes

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Thanks for the video . How do you get in and out of the seat with the ROPS down ? It's cramped in there enough as it is , seems like fighting around the ROPS would be a pain . :dunno:

Reactions: TJR345 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great question! Not too easily actually! My garage has a low door so sadly I keep my rope down more than I should. I usually just work around it but yes it was definitely tight but normally I would just put them up., especially for extended backhoe time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a post someplace but they definitely could have used steps somewhere for it. Always a little awkward getting in and out too.

·
Registered
23,051 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
From an experienced compact equipment operator to an (obviously) new guy...

ALWAYS keep your ROPS up when you're working the backhoe. Excavation of soil by the very nature of what you're doing, especially with our smaller tractors that lack mass, is inherently dangerous.

·
Registered
23,051 Posts
From an experienced compact equipment operator to an (obviously) new guy...

ALWAYS keep your ROPS up when you're working the backhoe. Excavation of soil by the very nature of what you're doing, especially with our smaller tractors that lack mass, is inherently dangerous.
Especially if doing an instructional video.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The 260 is stictly awesome. On a SCUT it sits so close to the ground the angle of attack allows for some great digging. Dug 16in x 16in x 20in deep footer holes that were almost perfectly square ! Loved my 2305 with 260 :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great question! Not too easily actually! My garage has a low door so sadly I keep my rope down more than I should. I usually just work around it but yes it was definitely tight but normally I would just put them up., especially for extended backhoe time.
You can still keep your ROPS down with the backhoe on and be able to raise it. It will rest on that bar in front of the controls. The only thing is to get it from the position you have it in the video to the position I'm describing you'll have to tilt the backhoe off the frame.

Thanks for adding the video to the ether.

·
Registered
171 Posts
For the back hoe size on a sub compact tractor.......... I can hardly see the value. Not enough weight or hydraulic pressure flow to move beyond a shovel. For a small unit a hoe on tracks is the best option. I have a Bradco 611 on a New Holland TC 55 DA. A compact unit with capability using a 24" bucket completing a days work around stumps, rocks, and trenching. The combined weight / horse power make it accomplish tasks in a minimal time frame. Many small hoes come up for sale used as owners finish small tasks or move up to a larger size unit. Operating a Case 580 for thousands of hours qualify a personal opinion.

·
Registered
149 Posts
For the back hoe size on a sub compact tractor.......... I can hardly see the value. Not enough weight or hydraulic pressure flow to move beyond a shovel. For a small unit a hoe on tracks is the best option. I have a Bradco 611 on a New Holland TC 55 DA. A compact unit with capability using a 24" bucket completing a days work around stumps, rocks, and trenching. The combined weight / horse power make it accomplish tasks in a minimal time frame. Many small hoes come up for sale used as owners finish small tasks or move up to a larger size unit. Operating a Case 580 for thousands of hours qualify a personal opinion.
Tractor Tim described it well in a video of his. This tractor will do a lot of things well. If you want a perfect cut lawn, buy a zero turn. If you want to use the BH to do a lot of digging, buy a mini excavator. If you want to use pallet forks all the time and need it to lift higher than 6', buy a fork lift.

This tractor will do many things well, it's like a swiss army knife. I don't have one yet, but been doing a lot of reading on what I want or need.

I too have used and learned on a Case 580 combination and used a 480 with a box blade. Working at a public works department, we also have a skid steer and a wheel loader.

Most homeowners can't afford each one of these tools, so to have one that can do multiple jobs is the way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts