My sister's boy birthday is coming up, and he is always climbing all over
My tractors, I have looked on line, only found a few short videos. But I
Couldn't find any reviews, so,I was hoping people here might be able to
Help me out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
I always could see our neighbors grandson riding his , won't be seeing it this summer since it floated away .

We bought the grandkids the Battery Gators they rode them for about 6 years. I would keep the battery on charge year around.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My kids have a battery powered gator as well. Tons of fun. I cut the side walls off some old turf tires from my front deck mower. They slipped over the gators plastic tires and gave it some decent grip. Made a huge difference.

I've seen a tractor like in the pic at Toys R Us(non battery operated) and have a similar CAT one that the kids play with in the sand pit. It gets used but doesn't really come out of the sand pit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
They grow up so fast.

I thought and thought about getting one of those for a grandson, and before I knew it, he was too big for it. So hurry up and get one! That or the Gator.

cubby.jpg

He's too little for the deadman switch on my 1025, but this little Cub Cadet we keep around for pulling a wagon is just his size, now. That's his little sis in tow.

I also learned you want to buy the Peg Perego brand.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Budman,

I bought the Gator style for the grand-kids -- found used ones that needed a little work and saved quite a bit (enough to buy an extra set of batteries so some were always on the charger while the kids were playing on the vehicles using the second set -- alternate when they run down...) I actually had three of the Gators as one was for parts. Like mentioned above, traction with the stock plastic wheel surface is the most concern on wet lawn slopes like we have here in the Northwest, so I ended up using rubber inner tubes stretched over the plastic wheels. Tread cut from a set of front tires would be an even greater improvement...

These toys are a blast and when the kids outgrew the ones pictured, I sold them for about what I had in them. They went all over the 2 acres we owned then and kept the son in law hopping as well... Don't hesitate to get one of these if the child in question is the right size NOW, as they will grow out of a toy this small.

toy gator 2.JPG toy gator 1.JPG toy gator 4.JPG

toy gator 5.JPG toy gator 6.JPG toy gator 3.JPG

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I've been around several kids with different versions of gators, pink escalades, etc. They're really fun!! I'd suggest an extra battery or two.

It's a really nice start to driving for them - and it alerts you to any bad habits they have early!!!

I thought they were all made by Tyco, but I just googled them and it seems they are now labelled peg-perego. Look online, they'll consistently be 3-400$ in store.

-J.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
And you can REALLY make those things move out converting from 12V to 24V, 36V or even 48V. Just make sure the stuff that zaps is locked down well.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
We have that exact loader tractor, and our kids love it. We do need to get a new battery though. Apparently it's fairly common for the plastic tires to at least partially separate in the middle. You can either tape them (like we did) or affix old tire treads or cut up inner tubes for some extra traction though.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Yes, traction was an issue on hard surfaces, like cement.

DON'T buy the factory batteries. Go to a battery store and the guys will make you up a larger capacity one for the same price - just make sure you keep the plug as they may not have that in stock.

-J.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I did it with a buddy - I think we used gorilla glue, or PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts