Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can’t think of a store near me that sells that type of bungee to replace my broken battery strap. Any direction on finding an amazon equivalent or a JD Part # would be great. Saw corrosion on battery terminals and on battery not long after having rig.used backing soda and cleaned everything . Put penetration on the posts and terminalsa saw it had no vent hose. Added a new vent hose and all was good. Yesterday was reviewing rig and saw strap was loose. Hook must have corroded and broke so need new strap. Would appreciate any help

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Here is the info on the JD OEM strap. I see it is available on Amazon with free shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jgay

Thanks again JGay. You and a bunch of other guys always take the time to help and it’s highly appreciated. I was also rereading many of your posts re:54” blower. I added the second drift blade, painted the tips yellow added the skids that you did and will grease and prep the chain.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Thanks again JGay. You and a bunch of other guys always take the time to help and it’s highly appreciated. I was also rereading many of your posts re:54” blower. I added the second drift blade, painted the tips yellow added the skids that you did and will grease and prep the chain.
Well... if you have the blower that prepared then that means we probably won't get any snow. So thanks!! :)

You will like those skids. Did you add the double fender washers on the bolts? Mine kept changing adjustment until I doubled up on the fender washers. Now it stays put even when it occasionally digs in.

Oh... I forgot to mention. The JD Parts price on that strap is $1.79 but I see Amazon wants $10.00. Probably because of the "free" shipping. :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... if you have the blower that prepared then that means we probably won't get any snow. So thanks!! :)

You will like those skids. Did you add the double fender washers on the bolts? Mine kept changing adjustment until I doubled up on the fender washers. Now it stays put even when it occasionally digs in.

Oh... I forgot to mention. The JD Parts price on that strap is $1.79 but I see Amazon wants $10.00. Probably because of the "free" shipping. :)
Yes I added the fender washers. And like all of us I’m checking amazon. Perhaps too often, I pay the amazon price to quickly get what I need and just resolve. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Yes I added the fender washers. And like all of us I’m checking amazon. Perhaps too often, I pay the amazon price to quickly get what I need and just resolve. Thanks again
I've done the same thing with Amazon. Especially with repair parts.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Those rubber bungee straps are utilized extensively to secure tarps on 18 wheel flat bed loads. So any place that sells tarps, should have the bungees. This would include the big box home improvment stores, farm stores, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, etc. Measure you rold one or bring it along, as they come in different lengths.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Fmark - The old Ford 8N that I drove here on our property had been converted from 6V to 12V. The battery was located in front of the firewall. One day I was Bush Hogging, the battery rolled out from its bracket, fell to the ground, and took a real pounding from the Hog blades. It was tied down with insulated, braided electrical wire. After securing the replacement battery, I bought some 36" heavy-duty zip ties and the battery never budged again. Come to think of it, grass never grew where I destroyed the old battery either, and I had to pay a core charge.

Brian

Can’t think of a store near me that sells that type of bungee to replace my broken battery strap. Any direction on finding an amazon equivalent or a JD Part # would be great. Saw corrosion on battery terminals and on battery not long after having rig.used backing soda and cleaned everything . Put penetration on the posts and terminalsa saw it had no vent hose. Added a new vent hose and all was good. Yesterday was reviewing rig and saw strap was loose. Hook must have corroded and broke so need new strap. Would appreciate any help

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Those rubber bungee straps are utilized extensively to secure tarps on 18 wheel flat bed loads. So any place that sells tarps, should have the bungees. This would include the big box home improvment stores, farm stores, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, etc. Measure you rold one or bring it along, as they come in different lengths.
I see JD gives some pretty detailed specs for that strap, more so than some of the more complex parts. :)

Specification
Weight:0.24 LBS 0.11 Kg
Length475.000 MM
Strap Width17.500 MM
End Type Code0404
End Size (1)23.000 MM
End Size (2)23.000 MM
Total No. Bolt Holes0.00 MM
Strap ColorBLACK
Strap MaterialRUBBER
Finish

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
I see JD gives some pretty detailed specs for that strap, more so than some of the more complex parts. :)

Specification
Weight:0.24 LBS 0.11 Kg
Length475.000 MM
Strap Width17.500 MM
End Type Code0404
End Size (1)23.000 MM
End Size (2)23.000 MM
Total No. Bolt Holes0.00 MM
Strap ColorBLACK
Strap MaterialRUBBER
Finish
J, where did you get the specifications from? I was able to get specs up to a couple months ago, then JD changed access to the parts catalogs. Now the"new" catalog site, John Deere Parts Catalog won't show me specs.

Is there another site?

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
J, where did you get the specifications from? I was able to get specs up to a couple months ago, then JD changed access to the parts catalogs. Now the"new" catalog site, John Deere Parts Catalog won't show me specs.

Is there another site?
That is the parts catalog site. There is another site referred to as "JD Parts". It requires you to register and establish a login. You then must choose a default dealer. You can then view parts pricing, specs and dealer stock status. You can also order parts from the site for pickup at your dealer.

There is a button on the JD Parts site to link back to the Parts Catalog site listed above.

https://jdparts.deere.com

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
That is the parts catalog site. There is another site referred to as "JD Parts". It requires you to register and establish a login. You then must choose a default dealer. You can then view parts pricing, specs and dealer stock status. You can also order parts from the site for pickup at your dealer.

There is a button on the JD Parts site to link back to the Parts Catalog site listed above.

https://jdparts.deere.com
Yes, the JDParts site you linked is what I used to use, and what I was looking for. I am already registered with my default dealer.

I recently got a new tablet and couldn't get that site to work. It always looked like the site that I linked. But I got it figured out. When I go to the site you linked, I have to switch to Desktop Mode, then I can get the specs.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
For others who may want to know, here is one method to access a part's specifications from the opening page of JD Parts. Enter the part number in the search box:

JD Parts Specs.JPG

Here is the results of that search:

JD Parts Specs 2.JPG

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
I have always thought the rubber tarp strap as a factory battery hold down is a disappointment. You don't need a tool to remove your battery hold down, but you do need a tool to open the hood to get to it.......:laugh::banghead:

WTH are they thinking at times?

But I also feel not having a fuel gauge in the dash as part of the instrument panel which is illuminated is also a short coming on these machines......It also cheapens them, in my opinion.

It would also help if the fuel gauge they do use could be easily seen from the drivers seat when operating the machine. It's so small and it faces the opposite direction of the machine operator, when plowing snow in the dark, its a pain to have to use a light to see your fuel level............:dunno:

Ok, done ragging on the machine........

By the way, Thinking of you today, Firemark and all of the brave hero's of 911. Thank you for your service and dedication. You certainly have paid the price...........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts