Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our recent cold weather killed the already weak battery in my SxS. Ran to town to get a new one. I had a $10 off coupon but even with that it still cost $89.99 plus tax. This supply chain/inflation problem is nuts. Sorry just felt like ranting after the sticker shock. Gotta have it though or thr SxS is just a real expensive paper weight.

·
Premium Member
13,905 Posts
it still cost $89.99 plus tax.
What the heck!? What kind of SxS is it? The Pinto Gator has a typical lawn & garden tractor battery since it only has a puny 16hp B&S engine.

If a typical L&G battery has gone up to $100, I'd be jump starting the thing for a while.

Reactions: JDLTG

·
Premium Member
3,245 Posts
The Pinto Gator has a typical lawn & garden tractor battery since it only has a puny 16hp B&S engine.
Hey, my Pinto Gator resembles that! 🤣

ATV batteries have been over $100 for several years. I bought a new battery for our X380 last year from Deere and it was only $59.99

·
Old Pa-pa
14,675 Posts
Hey, my Pinto Gator resembles that! 🤣

ATV batteries have been over $100 for several years. I bought a new battery for our X380 last year from Deere and it was only $59.99
I thought Pinto Gators had a recoil starter. ;)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What the heck!? What kind of SxS is it? The Pinto Gator has a typical lawn & garden tractor battery since it only has a puny 16hp B&S engine.

If a typical L&G battery has gone up to $100, I'd be jump starting the thing for a while.
14BS battery style. Hard to jump start them when you are out in the middle of the timber cutting firewood and such. It had been hesitant to turn the machine over for a couple weeks, but the 5 degree temps wouldnt even turn it over in the shop.

·
Premium Member
13,905 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Wal Mart has the lowest battery prices and very good batteries. I have used them in all my diesel equipment
I use the regular size Walmart L&G battery in all sorts of things. It comes in three different cranking amps. The 230 CCA for $25 seems to work okay in most applications.

I have the 230CCA version on my gate opener and was getting 5 years out of them until the last one died in 3. I have a pair of them in my 24V diesel generator that are 3 years old and needing replacement. Still at $25 bucks apiece for 3 years ain't bad IMO.

I have one of the 275 CCA versions in my track car to save weight. I have also bought the 340 CCA version and used that in my old 855.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts